Q:

Shots per fill and a couple other questions…

Hey all,

I just got a new Talon (no ss) and I was wondering, if I turn it down to it’s lowest setting, 400 fps and 12 fpe, I should get several hundred shots out of one tank fill right?

Thanks, I looked at the newbie pages and it stated something like 400 shots per fill, but that is so high, I just need somebody to verify for me! It’s quite amazing!

Thanks,

Lochman

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Blackops,

Wow, good to hear about the number of shots! Bummed to hear about the noise, I’m used to almost no noise. I actually would have preferred a .177 barrel, but the price was too good on this gun, so .22 it is.

I’m up in the air about how to treat this gun! Either I scope this one and use my other more targetish gun for the 10m targets or I try and make this one conform to my 10m target wishes.

What do you think? Pellet-wise I’ve always used RWS Hobby or Match pellets, but I’m open to suggestions.

If you had a Talon (not SS) and you wanted to shoot it exclusively for 10m shooting, how would you rig it?

Lochman

Hi Lockman, no iron sights in a few years Crosman 2200 and a .177 Target pistol are the only iron sighted ones I have. I prefer scopes but definitely don’t mind shooting iron sights.

What caliber did you get?

10 meters, Oh definitely you can shoot 200 shots no problem when you get the power down around 500-550 fps or even less. Even with the tophat turned all the way in I had to use some shims behind it to limit it’s movement. Mine would only screw in to about .040 which was too much travel for consistant low power shooting. My gun at 500-550 fps is plenty accurate at 30-50 yards for whacking cans and the cool Gamo kockdown target (this sucker is FUN).

You didn’t say if you’ve shot a PCP before but be prepared for a loud “crack” till you get the power turned way down or get it shrouded…hearing protection would be an excellent idea!

What pellets are you going to try? in .22 The Daisy wadcutters I have had bad luck with them in my gun so far. I just picked up some Crosman wadcutters to try out also. For target shooting 10 meters wadcutters should be great but maybe the Premiers might be just as good?

Keep us posted on your new gun!

Jim.

Blackops,

Yeah, I’ll be shooting at 10 meters almost exclusively, so hoping to get 200 shot per fill, we shall see. I have no idea, as I don’t even have the gun yet! Should get it in a week. I’ll be buying the air pump and iron sights or scope for it next week.

You don’t shoot iron sights by chance do you?

Lochman

Hi Lochman, here is a link to some testing I’ve been doing http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1112 and how I am getting MANY shots per fill @ 12 fpe and 20 fpe…and how many psi I used. This is an ongoing project so more info to come. In the past I’ve been able to get around 300 shots from a fill @ lowest power shooting cans @ 30-50 yards adjusting the power wheel up as your POI drops.

Edit, just noticed you have the 18″ barrel (what caliber?)…be interested in how many shots you get! my shooting has been with the 12″ .22 barrel.

Please let us know how you set yours up to get XXX amount of shots.

Jim.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.