Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

… shedding some light on the JKhan Korsa .25

Home Forums BullPups JKHAN … shedding some light on the JKhan Korsa .25

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  keyser-soze 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

microsalmo

Steve at WWAG sent a Krosa my way so that we could get a video out for everyone and I wanted to pass along some initial impressions. Admittedly, I was kind of expecting a re-badged Evanix but I’ve got some indicators that JKhan sent this variation off to gentile reform school so that it could serve the upper class, lol. But it’s fondness of the bottle and crazy power have me scratching my head… they don’t mingle well with the above mentioned.

Not to get to carried away (you’ll have to wait for the video for that) 🙂 but it’s worth mentioning that all the little mechanical type stuff that gives us airgunners goosebumps to play with are different. Those little clicks & snicks that are crack to our senses are all amplified in sharpness of sound & feel. Cycling the action, and squeezing the trigger, the Krosa is more so like playing with my Cricket than with my Sniper… if that makes any sense? That trigger’s a total stud too. Check this out – I haven’t even fiddled with it yet.

There’s some more polish in the moderator too. I fired the Krosa with and without the James Bond threaded piece at the end, was like whoa… that was profoundly different. There still some valve ping in there but without the piece on the end, the Krosa barks as sharply as the Max ML bullpup. With it, it’s super quiet… even in .25. I couldn’t resist pulling it apart (sorry Steve) to see what JKhan is doing differently, and I’m not sure what I’m looking at but here’s what I found.. looks like a cross between a pipe cleaner and an old cherry bomb muffler, and inside the bull shroud was a drilled baffle of some kind.

I got to firing the Krosa… after a thorough barrel cleaning -be sure to clean yours. Mine was loaded with protective black gunk (which is a good thing considering the long oceanic voyage from South Korea). In handling the gun, I thought it valuable to pass along that the Krosa’s stock, while rather ordinary looking, is actually superbly functional. I can can rest its flat portion (beneath the trigger) neatly in the palm of my off hand and it balances perfectly there. This is important to great accuracy when free handing. You wont know that it weighs in at 10.6 lbs fully dressed and charged either, the stock design is a good one. It doesn’t hurt that it’s of a nice piece of walnut too.

.. back to firing the Krosa. I drove myself a bit nuts over a few hours of wrestling with the groups (more on this in a minute). After those preferred pellets, I fed the whole kitchen sink down the Krosa”s gullet at 30 yards… and am still learning it’s preferences, but found a few it liked.

I wrestled with two challenges. Immediately following the barrel cleaning I got pretty tight groups that would open up over 80-90 shots. I would clean again and get the same results… pretty tight groups followed by slop after about 100 shots. If that weren’t enough brain damage, my groups seemed better with magazines 3&4 than with 1&2… following a 200 bar charge. I mucked with it for quite some time, then the the light bulb went off. Out came the chrony. OMG! 10 shots following a charge began with 1,011 fps and ended with 949 fps… and that was with a 25.39 gr pellet. 58 FPE!? Really JKhan? lol. Seeing as how 1,000+ fps fouls barrels pretty quick and diablo pellets do funky things at that speed, I’m now eager to lop a loop off the hammer spring (which is a piece of cake to get to by the way) and flatten that curve into the high 800’s I imagine that WWAG will be offering a little less spring as this product evolves but if brute force is your thing, you’ll be happy for now. Here are some of those magazine 2,3,& 4 groups after a bit of wind lets out of her sails AND following another barrel cleaning – no seasoning! There ought to be more accuracy in the Krosa and you’ll just have to watch the vid to see if I’m able to find it 😉

For the moment, I’m jazzed about the Noblesse bullpup. If we can dial the power down, I think we’ll have one heck of a nice price-point offering from JKhan. For around $900 it seems to bring a lot of polish, ergonomics, and looks to the game. I’ll report back in the video so you know what to expect of the accuracy.

Steve

“Airgun Exploration & Advancement Channel”

iride
    Participant

Thanks for the report, Its sounding good, The name sucks but the gun is sounding good,
    I love my 22 but I do not think I will every buy anything but a 25, From now on,
    Mike

microsalmo

.. was my pleasure Mike. I LOVE my Cricket .22 as well. Putting the Krosa to the test and seeing how it stacks up should prove a good time. Will let you know.
    Steve

keyser-soze

Steve, let’s get on that video. :butkick:

How did the gun shoot with those monster Eunjin .25?

microsalmo

Lol, it’s coming. The video has been shot and I’m putting it all together now. Hang in there.
    Steve

microsalmo
    quote microsalmo:

Lol, it’s coming. The video has been shot and I’m putting it all together now. Hang in there.
    Steve

mine didn’t like the Eunjin much

keyser-soze

Steve, nice video. I think the gun seemed to offer a lot for the money. I think it was a really nice touch to add the decibel readings. I also liked that you didn’t bullshit about the magazine malfunction. Thanks for the hard work.

BTW I could save you a bunch of money in the future…don’t waste your time with non-JSB.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar