Q:

Sent in the deposit for a Leyla

Put me in on the waiting list. 😀
I wonder if it will pull me away from the Monsoon. Going from a semi to a single will take a little getting used to. I am seriously looking forward to the Morena. 👿
Anyway, First post here and sure not to be the last.
Take it easy from Ft Worth TX
Carl

EdGun

All Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

I am using the Leupold EFR 3-9×33 on mine (cal.177):

Also I changed for high mounts, which gave a much more comfortable sighting.

The Leupold EFR (ExtendedFocusRange) is a brilliant little scope with a fantastic depth of field view that has to be experienced to understand it. No need to refocus when shooting at normal distances (30-60 mts).

To be recommended……. 😀

I have the Hawke 4-12×44 varmint with the half mil dot. Will most likely move it from the monsoon to the Lelja when she gets home. I was/am mostly concerned with the ring height. Besides it will give me a good excuse to rescope the monsoon.
I am thinking that a Matador long will be in the future or maybe the R3 I keep reading about. Thinking long range with that one. 😀

😀

Rossall, what scope rings are you using? I am trying to figure on a good scope/ring combo. I really would like to keep the weight down and I don’t think that I will be needing a super scope. No more than 12 power. What do you think?

I currently am shooting a Windy City in .22 at approx 45fpe and a Monsoon at 30fpe. The Monsoon is much quieter.
I have been working on confusing the neighbors by using a framing gun putting up siding on my house. It is much louder. I actually had the cops come by one day while I was on a ladder putting up new siding. He stopped in front of the house, looked and started shaking his head. Maybe the framing gun sounds like a PB to some folks.

😀

Well, how are the sound levels. This is to be my sneaky gun.
I would like to learn more about the power level adjustments as well. Is there a manual that comes with this or is it a figure it out as you go?

😀

Yep, been there a couple of times. But its been a while.
I like the screw down rest and agree that will be a bench rifle. But with a shooting stick I can see it in the field. I am just thinking of smoking the Powder burners at the shooting range.

Ever eat at Jose Garcia’s restaurant?

This is a fun place and anything you can share when your Lelya arrives will help the rest of us in our madness.

I lived in Grapevine for twenty years.

That Morena is a large rifle! I am curious to see what the cost is and get some initial reports. It seems to be a bench rest rifle only. Did you notice the screw down rest in the butt stock? Neat.

Enjoy.

Hoot 😯

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.