Scope Side Wheel

Home Forums General Optics/Nightvision Scope Side Wheel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    akula
    Participant

Gents; I’ve seen several of your rigs with side wheels on your scopes, this to compensate for estimated, or know ranges. I’ve envious as I’ve never tried this mod. I wish your council.

I’ve found two scope wheels on eBay, one at 80mm, another at 100mm in diamater. Which do you use. Is this a simple mount or must I buy an adaptor to mount to my scopes.

And yes Lama, I’ve viewed your rifle on this site. We are in awe at your weaponrey. My only question is, how the hell did you get so lucky as to have a set of parents that support your sport. I grew up with my grandfather’s Remington .22. I wore it out after three generations of use. That was a sad day. You are a lucky kid! AKULA

mr-lama
    Participant

🙂

A few years back, I played nothing but video games. Constant, from when I got home from school, until bed, etc. When I found my ol’ daisy pump up pellet gun, I started shooting at some squirrels. I got hooked. The bigger and better my guns got, the more and more I got out of video games. My parents were thrilled I found something that would get me out of the house. They were pretty much in a mood to support anything outside related at that point. Definately have great parents to keep supporting me after several years. I play video games when I’m not shooting. I’d much rather be playing with the condor than playing on the computer. Yay for guns.

As for the side wheel. Mine is 100mm. The bigger wheel is a little more precise than the smaller one. It’s pretty darn cool. The leapers ones are made for their scopes. They fit on, and some bolts screw down and lock it in place. Nothing hard, and easy to take off. I think it’s the same for any other company’s scope/wheel combos. I think it’s pretty cool. Keep both eyes open, and your left eye can tell you about what range you are shooting at, so you can compensate from there. Only issue is, the scope has to be on it’s highest magnification to really range estimate. And only the really powerful scopes do it accuratly. It’s kind of hard to do hunting. 32x trying to follow a squirrel is rough, expecially at closer range. The leapers 8-32 is supposed to have pretty accurate range estimation out to 50ish yards.

If nothing else, that big wheel looks really cool. 🙂

Hope that helps!

rob3dr
    Participant

AKULA… is this for a Leapers scope? If so, dont buy… send me a PM

akula
    Participant

Lama; Thanks for your sortid history. Personally, I would have chained your ass to a tractor, working the fields, rather than see you waste your life on video games. You’re a better man for moving on from such nonsense.

Now for the question; How do you mount these wheels on to scopes other than Leapers. I’ll buy the things off eBay just to try them out but I’d like some advice. AKULA

Lama; I still think the best of you. Just one thing. On anther thread you mentioned curing pelts. Your curing of a chipmuclk pelt disturbed me. Are you considering furry condoms?

jeremiah-29-11
    Participant
    quote AKULA:

Lama; Thanks for your sortid history. Personally, I would have chained your ass to a tractor, working the fields, rather than see you waste your life on video games. You’re a better man for moving on from such nonsense.

Now for the question; How do you mount these wheels on to scopes other than Leapers. I’ll buy the things off eBay just to try them out but I’d like some advice. AKULA

Lama; I still think the best of you. Just one thing. On anther thread you mentioned curing pelts. Your curing of a chipmuclk pelt disturbed me. Are you considering furry condoms?

Lama, previously recommended the 100mm wheel but I got the 80mm because I wanted something smaller and it works great and the distances are precisely graduated on the wheel. It mounts by tightening several hex screws around the focus knob.

Honestly I think they will both work great I just did not want a big wheel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.