scope alignment

Home Forums BullPups Vulcan scope alignment

Tagged: 

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by zonk.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    eelect
    Participant

Quick question

My rifle is zeroed at 50 yards. I move target to 75 and poi moves almost an inch to the right. This is shooting inside a building

Is the rail on gun not lined up with barrel or is there something else I can check

This is on first Gen Vulcan

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by eelect.
    zonk
    Participant

That is strange, I thought that rail was attached to the frame of the gun?
    Is this the same gun you’ve always had?

eelect
    Participant

I took scope off on the weekend and lined it up a new with plumb line. Clamped it down and tried out to see if it made a difference. It lines up good now from 50 to 90 yards. So I’m not sure what the deal was. My level on scope was off too. Yes zonk that is the good old vulcan gen 1

zonk
    Participant

I have to say I’ve never had an issue with either of my Vulcans.

Rowdy
    Participant

Sighted in at 75 yards and then start shooting at 50 yards and see if it’s you know back the other way you know it’d be left if the rail is crooked or maybe the rings are bad.

The other thing that comes to my mind would be to put a a gun cleaning rod that fit the bore really nice and no wire brush or anything on just the the rod and kind of see if by eyeball if the scope is off with the bore or what’s going on there.

I’m betting if you find that it something’s crooked like with the cleaning rod that you’re dealing with scope rings bad you know if you decided in at 75 and then you move back to 50 and see if it’s about an inch to the left doing it that way…

Either way I would bet on rings or scope all messed up more so than the gun itself I I’ve always read about those being really well made.

Look forward to reading what you find out about that!

Rowdy
    Participant

One last thing that I was just assuming you had already checked would be the simplest of stuff like make sure you’ve got your ring seated to the picatinny rail and tightened up properly simplest things can always bite you in the butt…

eelect
    Participant

Thanks guys. I took scope off and lined it up with plumb line and it’s right on the money now. Thanks alot

Rowdy
    Participant

Oh, that is cool cool. Lots better than having to buy new scope or even worse the rail on the rifle cut wrong…

eelect
    Participant

Does anyone here have the element scopes

zonk
    Participant

Nope all of mine are SWFA and I love them. Bought my first one from Oak, liked it so much I put another one on my 25 Vulcan, and another on my Tony Kidd 10-22 for Prairie dog shooting.

Zonk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.