Skip to toolbar

Sam Yang .357 "Mild" Tune and Disassembly

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Sam Yang .357 "Mild" Tune and Disassembly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tofazfou
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve been slowing shooting and tuning my new SY357. I have the tune just about were i think i want it. BUT I WON’T FULLY KNOW UNTIL I PUT THE NEW BARREL ON!

Even with this “MILD” or “MEDIUM” tune, power has increased significantly.

I bought this gun as a REFURB model from P.A. and while comparing it to a buddy of mines, i can tell that the previous owner tore into it. Or at least someone did. Either that or Sam Yang screwed up….lol! My transfer port (according to my buddy) is on the big side. My friend sais his TP is 6mm and took it all apart to verify his original finding. He confirmed that his guns TP is 6mm. My guns TP from P.A. is about .287 or so which is a huge difference between the two guns. But, that’s ok, at least i don’t have to OPEN the TP during the tune. Someone like Will Piatt would have to confirm what he has seen since he is an authority on Korean Gun. LI Bob also…………

So now, i got bored a little and while taking the gun apart, decided to film a video on disassembling and tuning the gun along with a few chrony numbers (on low power only).

THE VIDEO:

STAY TUNED!

Tofazfou

dogwood
    Participant

Thanks Tofazfou,

great video and I’m really going to need those tool tips when I go to fully Disassemble my dragon Claw ( and you’re right I had no clue and never saw a reference for a BF screwdriver )

I have taken the trigger assembly out and polished a little bit, on mine the sear arm moved from side to side pretty far an made for really inconsistent trigger feeling pull, ended up putting a small washer on one side to limit the play, it’s helped a lot.

I eventually want to open up the transfer port and the valve, gigot o shoot it a good bit more first :biggrinn:

dogwood
    Participant

Tof,

How long does that screw driver need to be? looking at some that are 20″ to 22″ long

thx

tofazfou
    Participant

Give me one second……………………………………………………………………………………………………okay, 22 should be good. The ENTIRE screwdriver shaft of mine is 24″ and i’ve got plenty of length leftover before the handle of the screwdriver bottoms out against the open end of the airtube. GO 22″.

Sounds like your off to a good start with your gun and i’m glad my info can help. The Koreans are a tricky bunch……lol

dogwood
    Participant

Thank you

caboose212
    Participant

OMG thanks Tofaz!!!! I’ve been wondering for a loooooooooooooong time how that stock attaches to the receiver! I’m really starting to think about getting one of these now! I really want to put that Benelli M4 Tactical stock on it! 😈

tofazfou
    Participant

glad to help caboose.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.