RWS 48 SIDE LEVER CHANGE

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists RWS 48 SIDE LEVER CHANGE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nail
    Participant

[/img]

I changed it from a side lever to a under lever because it was so bulky to carry, I also made a new stock and some mod,s inside and it shoots exellent, It is ready for blueing. I think I have the only 48 under lever around. Steve. 😉

walkonking
    Participant

Now that looks great. How did you do that?

nail
    Participant

When your retired and got the machinery and you like working on guns the imagination can run wild. Steve 🙄

riffraff
    Participant

It looks like the action is rotated 90°.

Im not sure I fully understand the need for this mod, but its pretty cool nontheless.

rob3dr
    Participant

😯

Holy hell… very nice. I’ve never quite loved the balance of the 48/52/54 with the sidelever… would be a bit harder to do with the 54 due to the sliding block recoil absorption, but still… out of a 48/52, thats really nice. Great work.

nail
    Participant

Hi guy,s there was no great reason for doing this mod . I just like messing around with guns . The action was not rotated otherwise the trigger would be on the side of the gun. I had to weld a new lever atachment in front of the trigger and the slot for the beartrap was milled out for the sliding breech hookup. the lever was shortened a little because the hookup was moved forward . the slot for the old sliding breech hookup was filled in. The action tube was cut back to the breech as far as I could and made a new tapper piece to fit over the barrel . the barrel had a very bad bend at the end about 4″ from the muzzle I guess that is what they call muzzle droop. So I cut it back to 13″ and took the choke off and found no diference in accuracy. Then I made a shroud out of an old 12 gauge barrel to try and ballance the looks and it seems to work, I think, It makes for a very well ballanced short rifle and easy to carry. I done lot’s of mod’s inside but thats another story, I hope I have not bored to much. Steve. 🙂

cygnus-x-d82
    Participant

had you asked me 3 years ago if a LDC or shroud was any good on a springer i would have said…forget about it….

then i heard a shrouded rws48 vs unshrouded….and from a bystanders point of view it made ALOT of difference mechanical noise was much less than anticipated….shooting the two and i could barely hear the difference, alot of the machnical noise gets transferred via the stock to the shooters head…

nice job….so did it help on the balance of the rifle….did the power go down ? i have heard reports on people shortening the barrels and actually gaining a few fps on springers

nail
    Participant

Hi cygnus
    Yes it did raise the velocity about 10 fps I am getting aroun 900 fps from a JSB 10.2 pellet. Steve 😀

volsr1
    Participant

Talent and cleverness….what a combo. Nice work!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.