RoachCreek? Any Update?

Home Forums Off Topic Off Topic RoachCreek? Any Update?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dougroundup
    Participant

Hello Forum members,
    Has anyone had any contact with Roachcreek? Anyone have access to him ? Maybe post an update and pass along some well wishes to him.
    I sure would like him to know that his absence doesnt go by unnoticed and his contribution sure is missed……. at least by me. I am plenty sure by many others here and other places online where he socialized online.
    Maybe we could send him a card or something…. I guess he isnt really up to reading, matbe we can send him a pizza or a big cake ……. we could have old hoot jump out and surprise him! :hoot:
    I DUNNO? I Just sincerely hope all is well with him and that he is getting all settled in now that he is back home in the states!

oldgoat
    Participant

I have called and talked to Roach more than a few times in the past few years. I haven’t talked to him since he sold all of his air gun stuff and went on his Asia tour.

Knifemaker has talked to Roach within the last 2 months. The last time that Knife talked to Roach, he was loosing his sight in his one good eye and, he was pretty despondent about it.

We ALL would be pretty despondent about going blind!

Roach has a pretty fucked up deal! He is on total disability from a police department and they cover all of his medical issues from his disability but: His insurance doesn’t cover his eye issues.

IIRC: Roach just turned 62 a few days ago. He is now eligible for Medicare and Hopefully: he can get the eye care needed!

We all miss Charlie!

knifemaker
    Participant

I need to call him, and feeling guilty that I haven’t. Last time I called, his wife had to get the phone for him. so I really didn’t want to bother either of them. But I do need to call.

I will do so this week and let you guys know how he’s doing! Hopefully now that his medicare has kicked in, something can be done. We Hope!!!

Knife

powderburner
    Participant

Yep, do that knife , ,

i have due respect for his knowledge and experience , as i do for you as well ,

i would like to shake your hand as well as his.. with all respect P. B .

dougroundup
    Participant
    quote powderburner:

Yep, do that knife , ,

i have due respect for his knowledge and experience , as i do for you as well ,

i would like to shake your hand as well as his.. with all respect P. B .

:dito:

Yeah , Knife, please do. You can even excuse yourself for bothering them by saying that we put ya up to it….
    Besides, once ya do it,,,,, it will lift that weight of guilt hangin over your head.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.