Q:

Received my "Knock-off" Atlas Bipod today !

Got the Atlas-copy/knock-off/whatever Bipod today. I haven´t hold an original Atlas in my hand so i don´t know exactly how it feels and so but this one looks exactly like it does on those Greenbase pics and is a well made piece as it seems. Definitely worth the price. As i said before i only have good experience with Greenbase (have bought loads of stuff from them in more than a dozen occasion) and the Bipod in question is as described and well worth those few bux it cost.

BullPup General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 336 total)

1 2 3 21 22 23

Ouch!

The example posted below is just another example of the true cost of counterfeits, there is no intent of this post to offend members here but rather to demonstrate the “cost” of the counterfeits in the marketplace does not always result in a savings…… And yes, I know, buyer beware, which is good to live by but that wont help his pocketbook this time and I’m sure a lesson has been learned. The email below was received today;

I purchased an atlas bipod a few months ago from a person and now was told it was a fake. Do you know of someone selling atlas bipods that are fake ? If so how do I make sure mine is real or fake ? If its fake I will destroy it and take my loss. If its real I don’t want to destroy it. Please help me on this mess I’m in. Thank you.
Kevin

Our reply in part;
Every one we have seen the Tension Knob will un-screw off the base.
May I ask where you bought it and what you paid for it?

I bought it from an individual and paid 225.00 used. Yea this ones knob unscrews off the base. Never owned a real atlas bipod been wanting one for a while. Well thanks for responding so fast.
Kevin

While there are some sellers of the counterfeits that disclose they are replicas, there are others that present them as actual original Atlas bipods. While NONE of the V8 models are licensed by us and both sellers are engaged in illegal activity, the latter criminal is the worse of this breed.

I was actually just kidding but Im sure there are some members who would appreciate it. My Atlas arrived last week and Im very happy with it, shouldnt need another one until after I hit the powerball.

Boelick,

Thank you for your continued interest, we only make such discounted offers on new products to customers on our mailing list and one website not to be named by me.

We do not do group buys on existing products as it undermines our dealers.

Sorry.

What I will try to do is once we get a new agreement nailed down for the Airsoft V8, I’ll see about some kind of deal with them for members here.

Great! Now the TAG Bullpup Forum can get back to its normal abnormal state again. :6:

Yayyyyyyyy! 2 proper gentlemen. So Kasey, any chance of TAG members getting a 20% discount on the V8? 😀 😀

Wish you both the best and look forward to future posts on lighter fare.

Ville, Yes, that is fair.

I apologize for my lack of patience with you, my passion and frustration got the better of me in that regard and I apologize for that.

It’s finally over. Hip hip…Jorge!

quote Sir Ville:

I understand your frustration over the matter – i definitely do – and i would be furious if someone, somewhere copied my product and sold it openly at Internet. I´ve said lots of stupid things during this thread – i´m quite good at that – and for that i apologize. I think it´s time we lay this to the rest. Fair ??

Hallelujah!!

quote Kasey:

Ville,

You know I’ve answered your questions until you side stepped my question to you.

You know that right?

You said it was not a fair comparison or something remember?

I asked about if someone stole your rifle and I knew it was stolen from you, would you be okay with me buying it a a great price or something to that effect, remember?

Anyhow, I should not have asked that as I know the answer, so I apologize.

Honestly Kasey , i have no longer any clue what i´ve said during this war of Roses. There´s been lot of Boop throwing – at every imaginable direction – so it´s hard to keep any track on things. I don´t want to go back and start to read all the BS from the beginning since that will only make me pissed again and as seen that leads nowhere.
I understand your frustration over the matter – i definitely do – and i would be furious if someone, somewhere copied my product and sold it openly at Internet. I´ve said lots of stupid things during this thread – i´m quite good at that – and for that i apologize. I think it´s time we lay this to the rest. Fair ??

My Atlas showed up today.
Excellent bit of kit.
F the thieving bastards that build knock offs.

Ville,

You know I’ve answered your questions until you side stepped my question to you.

You know that right?

You said it was not a fair comparison or something remember?

I asked about if someone stole your rifle and I knew it was stolen from you, would you be okay with me buying it a a great price or something to that effect, remember?

Anyhow, I should not have asked that as I know the answer, so I apologize.

SECoda,

[b]“Kasey – are you on drugs? We can get you help. The Amazon clones are permanently marked “Airsoft Only” so by your definition are legal. I will state my point form the very beginning of this now ugly thread.

If you have in your possession a Atlas bipod marked from the manufacturer “AIRSOFT ONLY” please provide a picture of it. I suspect you are basing your claim on the description provided, NOT the actual counterfeit article being marked.

Once a US company legally licenses Chinese clones (they have to be greedy enough to take that risk) they open a Pandora’s box to identification problems given the cloning environment.”

AGAIN, it was not greed, it was protection of our design and property rights as well as providing a legitimate product for less money to the airsoft market that inspired us to go into a partnership with PTS. Our percentage of the deal was small, not even 1% of our gross sales so greed was not the deciding factor.

So what about the FACT (as stated previously in this thread that you are too busy to read), that WE HAVE NOT LICENSED THE V8? (which is depicted in the photo you provided)

So Amazon by selling the V8 is violating trade policies regardless if its marked “AIRSOFT ONLY” or not.

I trust you are not going to retract your false statement about Amazon selling legal copies, which is a lie which if repeated makes you a liar. right?

Oh wait, maybe you are going to say I don’t know my business as well as you do….

What about your position stated as fact that about Atlas counterfeits being endorsed by customs ? You sticking to that story too?

Maybe this Kasey is not the real owner. Maybe HE IS THE CHINESE KNOCK OFF. Hey Kasey, are you labeled “FOR AIRSOFT ONLY”?

Haha its a joke, relax.

Nope. But the customer doesn’t know any better assuming we believe Kasey over Amazon. For all we know Amazon might successfully argue it is legal and maybe just maybe it really is legal. They have a very large team of lawyers. Our only option is to never order from Amazon according to Kasey since they are now liars and patent violators?

quote Machine Gun:

And so does this make it right?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 336 total)

1 2 3 21 22 23
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.