Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

R3m and r5m

Home Forums BullPups EdGun R3m and r5m

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  gku 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

pb0201
    Participant

What is the difference between the two other than price?

shooter3

Your question is too wide. They are very different animals in general and R3M is no longer produced.

miksatx
    Participant

R3M bolt action multi shot bullpup. R5M forward cocking multi shot bullpup.

pb0201
    Participant

Gotcha,edgun west web site didn’t specify.i would really be interested in a r3m.i like the bolt action set up.thanks for taking the time guys.might be looking for a used r3m in a while if there are any out there? Any body?

miksatx
    Participant

I had the R3M .25 short. best fitting bullpup I’ve owned. Great trigger, laser accurate.

bogman
    Participant

I’ve got an R3M .25. If you find one of the early ones, make SURE the magazine cycling issue is not present. Several early versions had the magazines cycle such that they did not line up with the breech. It appeared the cocking plate was not correctly sized and one of the machinist fellows on this forum made/sold a replacement part which fixed the issue. I got one and it worked.

You can see the magazine jump a bit if the alignment is off; the pellet’s head forces the magazine to line up as it enters the breech. This can damage the pellet’s head slightly and throw off accuracy. If everything is working correctly, they’re crazy accurate. Mine is a R3M long, more shots and fits my tall build better. Forward cocking guns are generally easier to use.

gku
    Participant

Think there’s 2 Matadors for sale here on TAG ?

– Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar