Quieting your Talon SS – Examples

Home Forums General Quick Reference Quieting your Talon SS – Examples

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    y
    Participant

One of the first things people usually discover about their Talon SS is that it isnt quite as quiet as you’d hope…. But its easy to make it real quiet with simple off the shelf stuff you can pick up at any hardware store.

There are several different methods of baffling the frame so I figured I’d make a thread for people to show how they have done it.

Here’s mine

1″ Diameter washers with a 1/4″ hole, Fat 1″ diameter O-Rings and 1″ Diameter relativly thick wire springs.

I cut the spring I bought into two peices with a regular hacksaw and squared off the ends by holding the end flat with pliers and then applying heat from a blow torch followed by grinding. its important to square off the ends so that the washers are held perpendicular to the barrel so they dont mess with the pellets causing poor accuracy or worse, clipping.

I put the longer of the two springs in first followed by a washer, the second spring and that gives me my two big air chambers to take the initial blast, then I just alternate spring and rubber o-ring until I get to the end of the frame and inserting the end cap compresses the entire thing keeping it still.

This is how it is all inside the frame

walkonking
    Participant

Here is another way of quieting down the Talon SS.

The parts are spring, scotch Brite Pad, a cone spacer I made, washers I made but you can use 1″ fender washers, pvc pipe cut to length and slit to allow for them to be compress and easily inserted. Make your chambers as you see fit. This give the gun a good muffled report that does not attract attention.

kamikaze
    Participant

I’ve got some 1″ delrin round stock and I was thinking of cutting some pieces around 1/2″ thick and venting them like the front barrel bushing.
    I’ve got a frame extension on my TSS. If I secure them an inch or so apart do you thing they would make a good baffle setup?
    Or do I need to have a “chamber” for it to work?

walkonking
    Participant
    quote kamikaze:

I’ve got some 1″ delrin round stock and I was thinking of cutting some pieces around 1/2″ thick and venting them like the front barrel bushing.
    I’ve got a frame extension on my TSS. If I secure them an inch or so apart do you thing they would make a good baffle setup?
    Or do I need to have a “chamber” for it to work?

That will work but you dont need it 1/2″ thick. The more room for expansion the better. Make sure the vent holes are small. To big and it will not slow down the air and will not be quiet.

synopsys
    Participant

Having trouble with my picture sizes… 😯

shadoh
    Participant

savagesam
    Participant

What should one do to adopt this to a condor? Step by step. Shroud building for dummies.

jaybirdo
    Participant

Got this all at Home depot and it took zero effort. I got washers with 0.25″ holes now in lieu of the ones shown.

seacat
    Participant
    quote jaybirdo:

Got this all at Home depot and it took zero effort. I got washers with 0.25″ holes now in lieu of the ones shown.

This looked simple and made a huge difference in sound..much quieter.

Thx,

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

[see below]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Weihrauch Silencer Design

savagesam
    Participant

Looks like wool to me. 2″ 1″ 2″ or 2 1/2 1 2 1/2

Anonymous
    Inactive

UPDATED, please see my post two down.

jkaleido
    Participant
    quote gimmick:

I found a “craft beading mat” material at hobby lobby. Its synthetic, not woven, and has a fuzzy soft texture. I tried pulling the ‘fuzz’ with a pair of pliers and failed to pull much off. This passes the vacuum test.

………….

pics, please 😳 😳

Anonymous
    Inactive

[see below]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.