Questions about a 12 fpe Edge

Home Forums AirForce The Edge Questions about a 12 fpe Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    caboose212
    Participant

With the Edge, is the velocity restriction in the tank valve, or the spring, or a combination of the two? Can the tank valve be adjusted for more flow?

on-the-edge
    Participant

It is a fine balance of the striker, spring, valve and regulator. If you want to bring one up to 12FPE, it will require adjusting the regulator and increasing the spring preload. If you do all that, your shot count will head south and you will need a larger tank.

The Edge is what it is, a very nice 10 meter rifle. If you want something for field target, it is easier to tame down one of the other models than hop the Edge up.

caboose212
    Participant

I like the tank… and the grip. I might be able to cobble something together with an Edge tube… basically what im planning on doing is putting an edge grip and tank on an older talon frame… thoughts?

caboose212
    Participant

Here’s a question- how does the tank thread in? like normal? It looks like there’s a collar, like the buffer tube nut on an AR… does it thread in, then you tighten the nut? Or is that just a part of the valve?

The castle nut looking part:

Hopefully it just threads in like a normal tank… I really want this to be an easily broken-down carbine.

Here’s another question: Is the tophat the same as on any other AF rifle? i.e. would I be able to use a standard Talon breech with this tophat? Or is it bigger? Or smaller?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.