Q:

Question 1: Real world accuracy out of the AF rifles??

What would you guys say could be expected from the AF rifles? Are they consistent 2 MOA out to 200 yards? 3 MOA? Personally I think that an airgun capable of 4-6″ groups at 200 yards is amazing. Will this platform do it? What calibers and projectiles?

Thanks,

Paul

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

my ‘Talondor’ in 22 is very capable of 1 1/2″ groups at 65 yards.

So I know I’m chiming in on this way late, but to answer your question there needs to be more specifics. It’s like asking are there any Chevy’s that can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. Well, yes and no would be the answer. There are LOTS of variables that are required to accurately answer this question.

Air Force makes several models, and several calibers under each model type. Can a .177 Condor hit a 6″ target at 400 yards. NOPE!
Can a .22 Condor hit a 6″ target at 400 yards. Maybe. But it’s going to take LOTS of shots first.
Can a .25 Condor hit a target at 400 yards. Probably. But again, it’s going to take lots of shots. But less shots than it would take for the .22 caliber.

Now if you’rte talking big bores, or smaller calibers shooting slugs, the probability goes up exponentially. That has more to do with the ballistic coefficient of the projectile than the caliber or model.

There are people shooting way smaller groups well past that. Jump on youtube and check out all the shooting videos. Soda cans out to 400 and past. Theres alot of really good shooters out their.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.