Q:

****PUMP WARNING DO NOT BUY!******

Now that I have your attention.

When considering a pump for your Airforce rifle please take a look at the Hill Pump/BSA pump. It does cost more but it will last and is repairable by the owner. BSA has Hill make their pump.

Other pumps break…ALL THE TIME…and if you open them you void your warranty and the pump is worthless. You just end up buying another pump and end up spending more the the Hill Pump costs.

The Airforce Pump will break as will FX and discovery pump. The only way they will be motivated to clean up their lousy pumps is by not selling any.

This has been posted because a lot of good airgunners have been screwed by getting other pumps and have them take stop working sometimes within days of getting them.

You can get a Hill Pump from

Home page

http://www.pilkguns.com/masprlist.htm#hill

http://www.pomona-airguns.com/PCP%20Accessories.htm

http://www.straightshooters.com/pcpitems/hillhandpump.html

Quick Reference

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I was told once that better quality pumps have air filters attached to them to prevent moisture from building up within our air rifle tanks.
Is this right?
Does anyone have a cool link on “The” pump to get?
😉

Marc

Mac1 for sure and maybe Airhog…

I had a 2007 vintage AirForce pump. It died after about 6 months due to a stuck valve (wouldn’t hold the downstroke, so the pressure just pushed the handle back up). AirForce sent me a new one with an inlet air collar on top of the cooling fin assembly/at the bottom of the pump stroke. None of the pictures of the AirForce pump show this collar, so I assume it is newer. This pump is working fine, but of course, not using it as much due to the SCUBA tank.

Thought I might put Marauder on my Christmas list and dust off the old pump for 2000 psi events. I would need a hose with a foster female fitting and then maybe a 1/8″ female to foster male fitting to attach to the AirForce adapter I took off. Anybody selling those as a standard part or should I just tell Mac1 or AirHog what I need?

I have two SCUBA Tanks 8) I have a pump. After using it once or twice I said I want a SCUBA tank 😆
I have also been told that one wants to buy a pump with a filter on it as to keep water from moisture out of your air rifles tanks from using a manual pump. But… I enjoy pumping it up with my SCUBA because it takes about less than a minuet.
😯 8) 😆

I’m getting the necessary fitting and hose for the Mac1 that I ordered, I’ll give him a call to see if he has something for my TSS.

quote mamcrackin:

quote Sirhc888:

Since this in the pump section, exactly what fittings (pictures and description) do I need to adapt it to fill my TalonSS tank? I just ordered a Hill pump from Pilk’s.

Also you may want to add what fittings (use pictures if you can) you need to connect to a SCUBA tank.

Thanks in advance!

Call Tim. He know the Hill pump connections you need
http://www.mac1airgun.com/

quote Sirhc888:

Since this in the pump section, exactly what fittings (pictures and description) do I need to adapt it to fill my TalonSS tank? I just ordered a Hill pump from Pilk’s.

Also you may want to add what fittings (use pictures if you can) you need to connect to a SCUBA tank.

Thanks in advance!

Call Tim. He know the Hill pump connections you need
http://www.mac1airgun.com/

Thanks in advance!

It’s always sweet on your first post to be able to give thanks .My disco pump just crapped out after 11 months and 100’s of fills but pumping up my AA410 for last 3 killed it .after reading this thred i ordered a hill from cobra airguns good to go in about a week ,and the disco pump can still get to 2000 psi for emergency’s which i anticapate non .Thanks for the info on the hill pump it put me over .I actually had no problem i didn’t exspect much more from a chinnese pump from crosman and had the hill on my mind, chris

I returned the AF (cause it quit working after 1.5 wks) and got the Hill with filter and the FX 4 stage to see which I liked best…They are both good…….

THANKS WalkonKing!!!!! Been alot of help already

A quick piece of advice for those with a FX like me. On mine I was noticing any latteral pressure would give it a little puff and I’d loose some of the air in that pump. What I found helps fix this is loosen the two screws that attach the pump to the base. This will let it wiggle from side to side a bit, so if you accidentaly apply pressure sideways it will just angle and not puff.

If you don’t have one yet, yeah, get a hill. 🙂

with the filter is better.

this may sound dumb but theres a BSA (Hill) Hand Pump for 289$ that has the filter and thes theres just the Hill pump for 325$ with ones better
THANKS 😛

The Hill/BSA pump is a quality product and can easily be rebuilt by the owner when needed.

This currently it the best choice

just got a new condor for talom tunes and wanted to know what kind of hand pump i should get

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.