Q:

****PUMP WARNING DO NOT BUY!******

Now that I have your attention.

When considering a pump for your Airforce rifle please take a look at the Hill Pump/BSA pump. It does cost more but it will last and is repairable by the owner. BSA has Hill make their pump.

Other pumps break…ALL THE TIME…and if you open them you void your warranty and the pump is worthless. You just end up buying another pump and end up spending more the the Hill Pump costs.

The Airforce Pump will break as will FX and discovery pump. The only way they will be motivated to clean up their lousy pumps is by not selling any.

This has been posted because a lot of good airgunners have been screwed by getting other pumps and have them take stop working sometimes within days of getting them.

You can get a Hill Pump from

Home page

http://www.pilkguns.com/masprlist.htm#hill

http://www.pomona-airguns.com/PCP%20Accessories.htm

http://www.straightshooters.com/pcpitems/hillhandpump.html

Quick Reference

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

1 2 3 5 6 7

Wish I had known this 4 years back when I bought my fx.

I suggest you keep your HillPump for back-up, and topping off when your tank gets low.

quote floridachris:

I click the links to buy, but I am confused how much does the Hill pump cost?

Try not to be confused, its simple. THE HILLS PUMP COSTS LOTS, COS IT WORKS.
You spend pennies, you get shit.
Some stuff you can get away with spending little. Hand pumps ain’t one of those things 😉

I click the links to buy, but I am confused how much does the Hill pump cost?

quote huckelberry:

how about hatsan pumps
they look pretty solid

If an oring inside fails can you buy a repair kit for it? Or do you have to send in the pump to be repaired?

how about hatsan pumps
they look pretty solid

Pump as slow as ya want – Just make sure it ain’t on the Benjamin Pump !

THEY WILL FAIL WITHOUT FAIL 😀

hi,

use for years a FX pump no big deal.

BUT TAKE CARE HOW TO PUMP!!!!

I’m allways counting 25 pump and let it cool down, becauce the inside gets very hot.

like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamics

I also turn the handle a half turn, after 25 pumps.

Stay away from the Benjamin Hand Pump as well.
I got mine last year with I bought the Marauder.

I am on replacement pump number 4 now !!!

And the only reason it’s still working is I broke down and bought a scuba tank for re-filling and ain’t had to use it since 😀

quote packrat:

WHOA !! I ordered aTalonSS on Friday…get directed to this site on Saturday,,and start reading , trying to learn all I can to keep down number of dumb questions I ask!! And I start out reading like 4 pages of how really bad all the hand pumps are built!! I ordered the FX Stage 4 pump with the TalonSS, so needless to say I’m freeeeekin’ out…gave $289.95 for the pump and NOW I read that they all are pretty much junk except for the HILL brand… 🙁 🙁 🙁 Guess first thing I need to do is get back on-line to AirgunsOfArizona and order the rebuild kit that is offered for $30.00??….it and gun shipped on Friday, so too late to cancel..should I just send it directly back to AOA without even using it ?? Or keep it and “hope for the best” ??

Don’t feel bad, they do work. Just go out sooner than the hills do usually.

I have had mine for 4 or 5 years now and it still works fine though, so just don’t abuse it and it will probably last a while. Had I known then what I know now, sure, I would have gotten a hill. But my FX is working fine, so I don’t regret it.

TalonTunes is now stocking new, completely assembled and tested Hill Pumps.
If you are goin to buy a pump, do it right the first time and go with the Hill.
Thanks, Tony
Check it out here….

Home page

It seems like it’s hit or miss with handpumps. I have had some go bad after 2 or 3 fills and some last well over 100 fills.

quote packrat:

WHOA !! I ordered aTalonSS on Friday…get directed to this site on Saturday,,and start reading , trying to learn all I can to keep down number of dumb questions I ask!! And I start out reading like 4 pages of how really bad all the hand pumps are built!! I ordered the FX Stage 4 pump with the TalonSS, so needless to say I’m freeeeekin’ out…gave $289.95 for the pump and NOW I read that they all are pretty much junk except for the HILL brand… 🙁 🙁 🙁 Guess first thing I need to do is get back on-line to AirgunsOfArizona and order the rebuild kit that is offered for $30.00??….it and gun shipped on Friday, so too late to cancel..should I just send it directly back to AOA without even using it ?? Or keep it and “hope for the best” ??

Be careful while using it. Don’t go to fast and don’t let it get hot.

The rebuild kit is key in keeping it from being thrown away.

Good luck.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

1 2 3 5 6 7
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.