Q:

****PUMP WARNING DO NOT BUY!******

Now that I have your attention.

When considering a pump for your Airforce rifle please take a look at the Hill Pump/BSA pump. It does cost more but it will last and is repairable by the owner. BSA has Hill make their pump.

Other pumps break…ALL THE TIME…and if you open them you void your warranty and the pump is worthless. You just end up buying another pump and end up spending more the the Hill Pump costs.

The Airforce Pump will break as will FX and discovery pump. The only way they will be motivated to clean up their lousy pumps is by not selling any.

This has been posted because a lot of good airgunners have been screwed by getting other pumps and have them take stop working sometimes within days of getting them.

You can get a Hill Pump from

Home page

http://www.pilkguns.com/masprlist.htm#hill

http://www.pomona-airguns.com/PCP%20Accessories.htm

http://www.straightshooters.com/pcpitems/hillhandpump.html

Quick Reference

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

1 2 3 5 6 7

:2cents: Get a compressor, a CF Tank and never look back :rofl: :butkick:

Hey Shane,

Did you happen to take some picts of that Hill pump? Sounds like you got a used pump.

Considering this is the first bad report of a hill on your first post after this thread has been here for 6 years it would be good to actually see what you are talking about.

quote pablouk:

True, a back up is always good to have but i’m thinking of offsetting the cost a bit.

That little animation you got over there :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Interesting post here. I bought the Hill pump only because of the excellent reviews. Bought from PA. After 14 fills, (3) 0-3K, the remainder top ups, the Hill was complete trash. I phoned PA and spoke to tech support. He recommended I send it back instead of trying to repair it myself. “Most times we get a box of parts because people cant figure it out” was his line. I am a professional mechanic so I thought how tough can this be, I work on Chinese BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Rover, Audi and lots of American fails every day. Negative perspiration. Upon opening the pump I found rust. LOTS of ferrous oxide which had totally destroyed the main pump shaft. The surface looked like Peruvian roadside. I aborted the teardown because I knew it would never seal again. I sent it back to PA. PA was happy to extract +$50.- from my account to effect a refund. I bought the G6 pump and am amazed at the quality of the unit over the Hill. The desiccant feature on the Hill may be acceptable in AZ., but in FL. it is worse than a bad idea. The G6 has the intake in the pump handle, effective desiccant inside. 2 weeks of daily use and all is well. I don’t get the water mist when opening the bleed screw now. PA tech tried to tell me that was normal! The G6 comes with 5 rebuild sets included, Hill is $35.+ shipping. Some things I did learn out of this is that I will never buy so much as a tin of pellets from PA again. Another is that wild raving reviews are not always true. The hill was absolutely unacceptable Kwality. I have since spent +$3000. in air guns, including a Texan and shoebox, NONE of it from PA including the G6. PA will not see another dime from me.

Good show everyone. Keep in mind owning a pump is not the sole criteria. If you never come out to pump games, your name will be stricken from the list. ; This is a pool of people that play.

I hope this is the right place, ill tr to give a quicky. Uhh no not that. I got a disco combo with the sun optics pump. It works. Havent been shooting a lot lately, waiting for parts/time. Ive had to tear it apart a couple times strip it down with gun cleaner break free or hoppes NOT clean&lube, not sure what they lube it with, gummed up super fast and killed that tiny oring, somereapply some divers grease (i have “trident” brand, 100% pure silicone grease) Only 135cc on disco, and i fill to 150 bar. I had it tip over, fcked the gauge (no cover now). I gotta rebuild it here soon and save for a hill

Just received a Hill pump from Tony, Quick in shipping out and great service. Wish I didn’t bought that crap AF pump in the frist place. That AF pump never work as brand new 🙁 not sure what I have to do with it, Have to contact Pyramyd Air. Hope I’ll get refund.

quote LURKER #1:

The Hill is best but AF should change their marketing of there pump and sell it as a kit. I used to buy and build electronic kits like Heath Kit 2-way ham radios. AF could cut the price and build a loyal following of customers that put it together themselves. You will eventually have to rebuild it anyway.

That’s part of the beauty of the Hill. All pumps will need maintenance eventually, but Hill is the only company that I know of that will sell replacement parts so that the user can perform his own rebuild. Every other company, so far as I am aware, will no longer honor the warranty if the end user has dissasembled the pump.

As per Pyramyd’s website:

“Because the (Hill) hand pump is easy to disassemble, it can be easily serviced by the owner. There’s no other manufacturer that sells replacement parts for their hand pumps. In fact, there’s no hand pump manufacturer that recommends disassembly of their products. Other manufacturers state that disassembly will void your warranty! Your Hill hand pump comes with a lifetime warranty. Maintain it as indicated in the owner’s manual and use Hill replacement parts as needed, and you’ll have a hand pump on which you can depend for decades.”

I’m convinced that any company that imports goods made in China will sell a cheaply made product and then blame the user when it wears out prematurely. THEN they will tell you that it’s time to buy a new product. Selling the AF pump as a kit would defeat that strategy and cause even bigger headaches, that’s why they are unlikely to ever do that. They don’t want you to rebuild your cheaply made pump, they want you to buy another one.

Remember the Yugo?

The Hill is best but AF should change their marketing of there pump and sell it as a kit. I used to buy and build electronic kits like Heath Kit 2-way ham radios. AF could cut the price and build a loyal following of customers that put it together themselves. You will eventually have to rebuild it anyway.

It’s nice to see PA finally selling them.

Yep,

We try to warn everybody. Some listen and some dont.

Those who dont end up buyin new pumps 😀

Hill is an actually pump mfg. That is what they do. The one thing they know is how to make a pump.

On the other hand some companies have Chinese optic co. making and repairing their pumps.

I just purchased a Hill pump this week and all I can say is WOW. These things seem to weigh almost as much as my Condor rifle. You can tell right off that it’s quality and built heavy duty. No comparison at all to the cheaper pumps like the AirForce junk. Buy the Hill, or save your money till you can.

pyramid air is stocking the hill pump now> 279.00

Not only did I order an AF pump without knowing they were crap, they also forgot to include the fill adapter in the box….

I’d been waiting months for this weekend.

I hope Pyramid Air will take this thing back.

They’re baaackk…….

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

1 2 3 5 6 7
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.