Q:

Power adjustment Air Ranger

Hello all.
I have collected the Air Ranger for the Mrs and it is a very nice bit of kit. I went out for a hunt with it last night and missed my Stealth so i wont be making much use of it… but very confident that she will love it. I will give it to her sunday (the Air ranger to 😉 )

I did a quick chrono run this morning and found it is running at 9.4FPE with a 7.2gr pellet. This equates to low 700FPS which is crap for the use it will have.

I will want to run a slightly heavier pellet and get closer to the 850 – 900FPS mark.

Does any one here know how i can adjust the power out put on this rifle. I am not bothered about the garentee that came with it as its only an air rifle not a 60,000K sports car.

I took the stock off and then though to myslef that i best not do anything else utill i see a blue print for the rifle or get some distructions…..

Other Guns

All Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

its the JSB that i went looking for. going to get some of those when i get to a proper shop or make an online order.

i will try my best with my Antex Gascat 120 Gas Soldering with a hot air attachment to melt the lock tite.

thanks for your replies

Loosen Loctite with either the heat from a hot air gun or if small parts the dry tip of a soldering iron (70-100 watt).

Good 8.4/8.5 grain pellets are JSB Exact or Daystate Select,mine likes 4.50 mm.

The one i have is the same as in the link so i will be able to get it sorted in the next week or so.

I have long range gold pellets at the moment as its all that was available in the shop at the time i went shopping. i will switch over to a heavier pellet 8.5 or so when the LRG’s have finished and set the power at that time.

i need to work out how too loosen the locktight on the bit that adjusts the power output.

I was told the Daystate can take weeks to service rifles so i am not keen on sending it off. not to mention the charge will be £120.00 as a power adjustment is classed as a service.

Be careful.The newer Air Ranger has a “sling shot” hammer which is different to the one in the link.Also you may have the triangular head anti tamper screws fitted to prevent access to the internals,this is now standard on non FAC UK guns (Daystate).
If your AR is new and you are unhappy with the power call the factory to have it reset,they will have it collected from you by a carrier.My AR was doing around 10 fpe and this is what I have done,I have not had it back yet but it’s only been a couple of days.

perfect 😆

Mine is the air ranger, not wolf so it is not computorised (computors seam like a good thing to have now) I will have a better read of the link when I get to a pc but I do not think that link will do the job.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.