Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

possible issue

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 possible issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  raven223 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

raven223

My bulldog has a slow leak. I aired it up last night to 3000 psi and this afternoon when I got home it was at 2500. I am hoping it is because I removed the magazine by cocking, removing mag, and de-cocking. Today I chambered a round, re-opened the bolt, removed mag, and fired round (did a sweet 10 ring on a 50 yard smallbore target btw.) After that I aired it back up to 3000 psi. I’m hoping that the hammer drop forces the valve closed and the leak stops, otherwise I’m probably going to need to send the darned thing back for repair. I heard the Rogue was a BIG POS in the leak department, and am hoping that’s not the case here.

raven223
    quote raven223:

My bulldog has a slow leak. I aired it up last night to 3000 psi and this afternoon when I got home it was at 2500. I am hoping it is because I removed the magazine by cocking, removing mag, and de-cocking. Today I chambered a round, re-opened the bolt, removed mag, and fired round (did a sweet 10 ring on a 50 yard smallbore target btw.) After that I aired it back up to 3000 psi. I’m hoping that the hammer drop forces the valve closed and the leak stops, otherwise I’m probably going to need to send the darned thing back for repair. I heard the Rogue was a BIG POS in the leak department, and am hoping that’s not the case here.

It turns out that it was totally too much operator headspace. There’s a bleed screw on the bottom so you can dump pressure. I had opened it and didn’t close it tight enough so it would leak. So far it’s turning into a fun rifle except for the noise which I intend to fix here shortly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar