Q:

Photos of my new S410 stock Lots of photos

Here are some photos of my new stock. This is an AA S410 ERB. My grandfather made this stock for me. I did the sanding 😀 It is made of Madrone which is related to Manzanita (thats why it is so red) My grandfather is 85 years old and he personally cut the wood blank in the late 50’s One photo is me holding the wood blank before we started and another shows my grandpa working. Thanks for letting me “show-off”!

Other Guns

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

1 2

A great story at the end of a great day….Thanks

quote kgphotos:

Here are some photos of my new stock. This is an AA S410 ERB. My grandfather made this stock for me. I did the sanding 😀 It is made of Madrone which is related to Manzanita (thats why it is so red) My grandfather is 85 years old and he personally cut the wood blank in the late 50’s One photo is me holding the wood blank before we started and another shows my grandpa working. Thanks for letting me “show-off”!

How Special !! what a fine and memorable piece to own ! Iam sure you are so proud !! 😀

That is a very good looking stock made from a good looking piece of wood. The most important part is it’s representation. Nothing is cooler than that man. Hang on to it.

Wow!! Priceless!!

Thanks guys for all your comments. Yes I am proud of this stock and that I got to work on it with my grandfather. Bluejay, I am in Clovis, CA. That is right next to Fresno.

That stock is beautiful

Wow is that nice! Your grand pop is a real craftsman. Your rifle is now totally seperate from the rest, one of a kind, and truly is priceless. I love wood with the almost marble look. Hat’s off to your grand dad, you must be proud!

That’s sweet, where in Calli are you at?
I’ve built some furniture and pitcher frames with madrone burl, simply a beautiful tree as well as wood.
save all of your scraps and saw dust for the smoker 😉

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

That’s a great looking stock. Your Grandfather does awesome work 😀

Outstanding!! 😀

Seeing your Grandfather reminds me of mine… 😥

He could make owt from nowt and STILL have time to chase me round the workshop to clip me round the ear for being cheeky 😆

That’s a lovely piece of wood and the fact that your grand-pappy cut it down 50 years ago and then just recently made into something for you is great. You must be really proud of him and the stock, and so you should be.

thats awesome especially that your granddad made it for you i am sure that will be in the family forever

Thanks guys. I will keep and treasure this one forever. It is really amazing to watch my grandfather take a chunk of wood and turn it into somthing so beautiful. He also recently built one for my daughter’s Discovery. He made that one out of Maple.

A treasure for a Lifetime! 😀

Mike

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.