Q:

Pellets for 25 Cricket

I’m going to buy some pellets for my, new to me, Cricket. I was going to order some JSB heavy MK2s and some 25.39s . What about Barracudas or H&N Grizzlies? Anyone try these with any luck? I know Steve on AEAC had good luck with the Barracudas. It came with some of the original 33.95 heavies also, which I haven’t shot at any distance yet.

Thanks!

Kalibrgun

All Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

I have question for those who have used the Domes. They are a harder pellet owing to the antimony so I was wondering if you’ve had any lead fouling issues that other guns (Marauders) have had when going over 900 fps. I have 6-7 un-opened tins, (complete with a picture of “Pro Hunter Jim Shockey”), on the packaging, ….but I’m getting 3/8 6-shot groups at 50 yd with the MK I’s. Note, not the II’s.

KP/NC

I agree with the pirate. IF you can get some Benji Domes that are in decent shape/clean, they can be very good. A few of us have had quality control issues, but got free replacements. The Benjis are bone crackers.

Manny, any idea how the quality is these days?

I have the most consistency with the MK II. Bill

An ex friend of mine :biggrinn: :biggrinn: ( Michael- Airgunnation ) when he had a Cricket .25 and came to shoot up in the North Shore wasn’t doing to good with Baracuda so I made him try the Benjaming Domes and it was a lazer,….we ended up trading a bunch Baracuda tins for Benjamin

I find it much less of a headache for me to just go up a caliber then trying to push a good already to go gun that’s a lazer.

A trend for some to expiriment in this new territory and I can see the fun.
In time if more guns come per tuned with the right barrel to match these power hungery heavy pellets.

I’d be waiting to see if what NSA will turn in a new era in airguns too, hearing good things allready.

Very cool time to be into AGs ! :8:

– Greg

My Cricket .25 (Ernest tuned to shoot JSB 25gr at 920 fps) is not consistent w the MKI or MKII heavies. I tried some Barracudas and some others, but nothing shoots like the JSBs. I consistently drill starlings in a big dead oak from my front porch lasered at 53 yds. Dead bird every time.
I always wanted to try .25 Polymags (my .22 Cricket Carbine loves the 16 gr Polymags), but never found a need since the JSBs kills anything I shoot. Groundhogs, starlings, squirrels, and a few raccoons that were causing some property damage.
Bottom line: try what u want, but buy the JSB 25gr. Crickets luv β€˜em!
Maybe someone wud be willing to send u a variety pack for a trade or something.
It’s all fun. Enjoy ur Cricket

I have JSB Kings 25 gr, MK2 34 heavies, H&N Barracudas, and some NSA 39 gr. slugs on order.

With all that lead, I hope your flooring is strong enough :biggrinn:

So Ed started making pellets in 2017; good for him/us! I wonder how the products will develop over time.

I just got in some AA .25 and compared then to the the most recent JSBs; no real difference. (Well, there’s white tape around the tin, vs. red πŸ˜› )Some AA heads are barely less smooth but the skirts on them are identical, with more dented deformed ones in the JSB tin. Part of the issue is how rough the handling is during shipping and each batch. My really old JSBs have different skirts from recent lots. The AA are about $3.00 cheaper per tin/350 at PA.

I wonder if Ed is playing with speed, fps. With the heavier pellet, an adjustment is bound to be needed.

I won’t go with what others say, like all pellets if you don’t try them out in your gun/barrel or you’ll never know.

I bought a bunch from Brian in 22s and 25 cal …….. and it works for me too.
Will be picking up some in 177 cal 10.34g heavies next before the demand goes up. …… .. .. :rofl:

~ Greg

You can disagree all you want. I’ve got the .25 pellets in-hand, checked ’em out under magnification and with scales. You’re just spewing what other folks say on a forum; great evidence :rofl:

Interesting coincidence that the Air Arms pellets come in exactly the same tin; just a different label.

There’s not a lot of price difference. You may have heard of supply and demand?

That is bullshit. From what I have read on cz forums they say JSB sells the run down dies produce as third party/rebranded. How could it be cheaper and better and more QC on those bogman it does not make any sense to me. Anyway if you find something what is cheap and groups well that’s the best combination – no matter what sticker is on the tin.
Is 50% markup on the pellets too just like on the guns these days?

JSB 25 Kings have outperformed every other pellet in my .25 bug. The Air Arms and Edgun equivalents are JSB rebranded and often cheaper with higher quality control. I use the AA branded a lot and no scope adjustments are needed when switching from JSB. When you start punching paper at longer distances (50 yds. +), I bet you’ll find these outperform the others.

The issue is that when you pop a squirrel, there’s a loud crack that makes you think you missed. Actually, the pellet cruises through the rodent and smacks into the tree behind it. Squirrels drop and everybody’s happy πŸ˜› Even the squirrel that gets to reincarnate as a higher life form, maybe a cucumber.

If you are hunting, my 25 Earnest tuned Cricket likes the Polmags , I have not tried them past 75 yards but nothing shoots better out of my gun so far. Well the JSB 25 gr is a even tie, So far.
Mike

I shoot the “Edgun” pellets. They shoot as well (or better) then the jsb MK2s and cost less. You can order through Edgun West.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.