Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Old school hammer upgrade???

Home Forums AirForce Talon/Talon SS Old school hammer upgrade???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    crunkjuice1
    Participant

I have a very old talon SS that uses a older style hammer. Is there a hammer I can use with the newer barrels as they are thicker and don’t fit through the older hammer as the inner diameter is smaller. I tried using a new version of hammer and gun can’t be cocked or if it does its good for one shot and then I can’t cock it anymore.

last picture is the old school hammer fitting over a thinner barrel but it can’t do this on a heavy barrel. Lastly what are measurements and where can I buy the little screw that holds end caps and shrouds in place???

:fishinghole:

crunkjuice1
    Participant

:angrymob:

rualert
    Participant

If my memory is correct the screws are simple 10-32 allen socket or “set” screws, I just picked up some extras for a new set of bushings and other items from both Lowes, and Home Depot. The short ones are I think 1/4″ and the longer ones were 1/2″ so easily found. As for you hammer issue, it doesn’t make sense that the newer hammer isn’t working at least to me, I have an older, and a newer rifle, and have used both barrel riding, and the frame guided hammers, just like bot types you have pictured. Perhaps reach out to Tony at Talon Tunes and see if he has an idea, or one of our machinist might be able to make you a new barrel riding hammer for the larger diameter barrel? Sorry not too helpful there, but TT is a good start for the hammer issue.

Casey

crunkjuice1
    Participant

Thanks for replying. It’s good to hear that the newer style hammer is working for you but I’m going to look at your post again as you say that it works with the old airforce rifle with red safety???? The bottle on gun is original as well. Maybe the valve is different than newer models. I’m curious what mods were being used way back then. The most I can do currently is just add the Condor weight and it still works but it will not work with the newer hammer. I also just added a 12mm 18 inch barrel in 177 caliber. It seems to help this old girl stretch her legs and H/N piledrivers are hitting hard :4:

crunkjuice1
    Participant

Sorry but need to pull post from the grave. Still need a better understanding of the hammer issue. :fishinghole:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.