Skip to toolbar

Number of fills from a guppy?

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Number of fills from a guppy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    norcal-matt
    Participant

Hey guys,

I have been filling my Cricket .25 directly from my shoebox Max compressor. The next item I’m going to purchase is a tank. I’m leaning toward Joes Guppy (18 cu ft) but was wondering how many fills you guys are getting from that or similar sized tanks. My thought is a tank would speed up my filling and allow me to go out for a weekend of hunting. I’m leaning toward portability, but is my thinking flawed?

Thanks everyone, I’ve been loving this forum!

Matt

sharpshot86
    Participant

Not flawed, thats a great option to have and im sure many people do the same. I have a ninja 90ci and i used to fill my mrod about 10 times with it. Havent checked the cricket and the condor gets about 4-5 fills. you can check # of fills here: http://www.calc.sikes.us/2/

zonk
    Participant

I have Joe’s Great White tank. It’s heavy and a pain to lug around but is perfect for bench shooting or group shooting as it’ll last for up to 70+ fills. I’ve also been tossing around getting Joe’s guppy just to carry in my truck for barn yard shooting at different farms. Something light, easy to carry, and fills fast. I can’t imagine it’ll take more than a few minutes to top off.

eelect
    Participant

I have something similar to the guppy tank and will fill 25 cricket 2 time and then 2 time there after but not to 230 bar. It’s the only way to go if you want my opinion. Guys with big tanks wish they had a smaller one. I have a bigger tank and only use it to tune guns. I never take them with me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eelect
    Participant

This is too big to carry in truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zonk
    Participant

eelect what size is the small one?

eelect
    Participant

100 ci
    Or a shade less than 12 cf. Guppy is 12 cf

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

norcal-matt
    Participant

Thanks for all the input/advise. It’s nice to hear from folks who have been where I am and can offer some insight. I think I I’ll be getting Joes guppy. Eelect, Joe has it listed on his site as 18 cu ft, am I missing something?
    Thanks again everyone!

eelect
    Participant

It could be 18. I just know it’s a shade smaller than Joe guppy. Go for the guppy. There was one for sale on yellow couple weeks ago. Would have been a steal of a deal. $300

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

zonk
    Participant

Wish I’d had seen that. Getting tired of lugging my GW. I’ll get one and fill it with my GW till that’s low then refill GW.

iride
    Participant

I am also looking for a small tank, good for about two or three fills, I lugged my G/W 300 miles and just fill the gun twice, Not worth it,
    Lots of cheap ones on Crags list, But I think I would like to buy new, Sure hate to have the thing POP on me,
    I have only used my compressor twice since I owned it, Two many irons in the fire,,,
    Mike

zonk
    Participant

Mike put that damn fire out and start playing!!

Matt go with the guppy you’ll be happy.

norcal-matt
    Participant

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will be getting a guppy or similar sometime in the next year. Honestly I don’t feel much of a rush, the current set up is working really well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iride
    Participant

Zonk
    You looking for a used tank , Or a new one, Small guppy tank?
    The only problem I have buying used is the abuse the tank might have had,
    I can get a 4500 Carbon tank for under 100 bucks on Ebay, Just not sure I could trust it,
    I wonder if they have safety valves in them?
    Mike
    That Vulcan is looking sweet.

zonk
    Participant

Yes Mike. I like the idea of a smaller tank to take over to the cattle barn instead of lugging my GW. Then I’d refill off of GW. Sounds like the way to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.