NOT a ShoeBox Problem

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps NOT a ShoeBox Problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lurker-1
    Participant

A PROBLEM FOR ANY COMPRESSOR ❗
    After a rebuild of my ShoeBox compressor I’ve still had intermittent failure to get over 2,000 PSI ❓ ❓ ❓

Today I took my oilless pre-compressor out to fill a neighbors tire. Damn it ❗ It wouldn’t work at all in spite of having 110 PSI in the tank. It acted like there was something plugging it up at the working pressure regulator.

Didn’t want to buy another so I started to tear it down and try to clear the blockage.

Emptied the tank and hooked a male fitting direct at the reg. output and tried to back blow the blockage. It wouldn’t accept any air until I pushed harder, way past what is normally needed to latch a male connector to the easy connect female fitting.

Well I’ll be…… ❗
    That easy connect female fitting was coming unscrewed and was about to have an ABORTION ❗ ❗ ❗

So by giving her a good old clockwise screwing, it allowed air to pass normally.

So did I really have to rebuild my ShoeBox compressor or was this bitch female easy connect just refusing to give it up ❓

zonk
    Participant

How many times did you rebuild it when maybe you didn’t have too??? Did you get your tank filled then?

lurker-1
    Participant

After rebuild of cylendar o-rings it took a lot of messing with it and replaced one SS air line before it finally topped off my small tank. Then it wouldn’t do the great white tank for another couple days of looking for leaks.

I never thought to check all the way back to the connection to the pre-compressor :angrymob:
    But eventually got the biggie filled.
    I’d be fighting it for another fill if my neighbor hadn’t asked me to air up a tire for him.

Or will it work next time ❓

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.