October 3, 2017 at 6:42 pm #271588secodaParticipant
I had a hard time believing that story when they said the wiener dog was named Pee Wee. lolOctober 3, 2017 at 9:21 pm #271592
Let’s face the facts…all us older guys dated at least one dog in our lives! Blind dates, desperation, alcohol-fueled beauty enhancement, testosterone poisoning, you name the reason…we have all looked back and asked ourselves “Why??? I didn’t even have a bag to put over her head…???”
During the lean years a guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do to get by…life can be cruel, some lessons are learned the hard way, and sometimes it got ugly…very ugly!
One night, I once climbed out the back window of a four door Dodge to get away from a red-headed blind date named “Liz”…I found out later her roommates called her “The Lizard“…it was a favor for a friend I trusted, never again I swore…never again. I was 19 at the time, full of piss and vinegar, but there were some lines I would refuse to cross! The “Lizard” was a case in point.
Hoot:October 3, 2017 at 9:32 pm #271593secodaParticipant
:whistle:October 9, 2017 at 5:17 pm #271695
Hoot:October 9, 2017 at 9:59 pm #271696
32 FACTUAL ITEMS TO GET YOUR MIND OFF POLITICS
1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
3. The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
6. A duck’s quack doesn’t echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2″ X 4″ Stud is really 1-1/2″ by 3-1/2″.
8. During the chariot scene in ‘Ben Hur,’ a small red car can be seen in the distance (and Heston’s wearing a watch).
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! (That explains a few mysteries… .)
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
14. The name ‘Wendy’ was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a recorded ‘Wendy’ before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you could see his moves. That’s the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen’ s ‘Born in the USA.’
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby. (and that is a more accurate description)
20. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
23. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
25. Charlie Chaplin once won 3rd prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest (???)
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, “Elementary, my dear Watson.”
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than three steps backwards while dancing!
29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!
Hoot:June 1, 2018 at 7:46 am #275316AnonymousInactive
~ GregJune 1, 2018 at 7:29 pm #275322larryw22Participant
4 minutes I will never get back, is this the definition of CLICK BAIT? She did seem to have a wonderful personality, Thanks Greg!!
LarryW :winkn:June 5, 2018 at 11:39 am #275338zonkParticipant
I liked her T-shirt.September 1, 2019 at 4:35 pm #467119BillParticipant
Those are great!August 28, 2020 at 3:16 pm #534724anthony266Keymaster
This was a great Topic…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.