NEXT RIFLE AFTER AIRFORCE

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns NEXT RIFLE AFTER AIRFORCE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    granite-state
    Participant

I was wondering what direction everybody went as far as rifles for there next
    purchase, since the talon & condor are so unique from other air rifles. I am looking at they AR6 & hopefully a AA410.
    Thanks Dean

walkonking
    Participant

The 410 is definetly a great gun and high quality. The european guns having soared in price recently so they are not the deal they once were.

For example a year ago the AA 410 was $600 and now it is $895. The Korean guns are still a good deal such as the sumatra and career.

I will not be buying any euro guns until the dollar increases in value.

The Airforce guns are really a much better deal these days then they were couple years ago.

triggerman
    Participant

I’ve been on the refined side of the fence with an AA S410 carbine in .177, now jumping over the fence to the “Dark Side”….. with my Talon SS in .22 cal arriving Mon or Tue.

I love the S410. You can punch one hole in paper at 40 yds and then just start shooting pellets throuh the same hole all day long. Down side is that it is such a pretty rifle, I am scared to take it out in the field and put a nick or bruise on it.

Looking for much fun from the SS, everything I have read it is dependable, accurate and just plain bad looking !!!!Hope it does not let me down in expectations.

spinj
    Participant

I too have an Air Arms S410ERB. It is one magnificent gun, and it is what triggerman had just said about it. It is so accurate that you’d get spoiled shooting it; it takes almost no effort at all. Just make sure you don’t have too many cup-o-joes! But really, the S410 is in a class all by itself. For an unregulated gun having very little shot-to-shot FPS variation, “knock-your-socks off” accuracy, and drop-dead gorgeous looks, the AA S410 is an air rifleman’s go-to gun. It sure is my mine.

Here’s a link of a video of my most recent pigeon kills. The weapon used was, you guessed it – the Air Arms S410ERB. http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/21/1284531/Pigeon%20Snipe.MPG a>

ambush-hunter
    Participant

My next project is going on right now. It would be AA TX200HC – underlever British springer. If anyone interested, I can review the gun next week perhaps, the gun should be in on Tuesday-Wed. It will serve as a competition gun of its class, and as a little hunter.

teflontron
    Participant

My Air-rifle collection has been very small, and went like this:

1: SMK B2 (cheap and nasty Springer) – Sold
    2: Crosman 2250 – Still have
    3: Airforce SS (UK Spec) – Sold
    4: Airforce Condor – Still have
    5: Daystate Airwolf – Still have

If I were to get another airgun tomorrow it would either be a Big Bore or something very small and low powered, such as a Skan.

mr-lama
    Participant

Lets see, direction I went after my condor….

Mine’s the 300 rum. I went from high powered for a pellet rifle to a super high powered rifle. 🙂

I love it, but I get the feeling it’s not what you’re looking for. 😛

walkonking
    Participant

Lama,

Been there done that…have fun.

You will come full circle

spinj
    Participant
    quote Adam in SoCal:

Lama,

Been there done that…have fun.

You will come full circle

Yup, I tried firearms, but I never got to develop any serious interest at all for them as the kind I have with my airguns. One primary reason is that they just can’t touch a good shooting PCP in one-hole accuracy performance. Plus, I can’t shoot them in a place I can shoot my air rifles.

Before target shooting at the range, new (firearms) shooters would always tell me that I should get a .22 firearm, and they just can’t understand why I’d bother with a PCP. It’s only after shooting several groups they begin to understand why. 😆

nuglor
    Participant

This was my collection a few month ago. It’s changed some since then, but the majority of it is still intact…. plus a couple of new additions. Of course you can never go wrong with a good ol’ Benji 392, but I really enjoyed my RWS 54 .22 before I sold it to fund my TalonSS and a couple of 22XX projects. I’m still a strong advocate of the Drozd. It may not be the most powerful or accurate BB gun out there, but for the sheer FUN factor, it’s got everything else beat hands down.

hellratter
    Participant

I went the route of the 410erb….but Im still craving the rapid 😯

granite-state
    Participant

I am seeing a trend towards they AA410, I also like the rapid but there are two many nice rifles way below there price of admission.
    Thanks Dean

airtramp
    Participant

I have very few airguns and have the same feeling like (edited: Teflon Tron) re. the next purchase. I’ve look at the Koreans and the 410 also. At the moment, I’m gravitating more and more towards the compact, light weight, lower power (not for hunting), quiet, can shoot anywhere but deadly accurate type somehow. A Skan is too much money but what do you guys think of the S200 ?

Edited : I was thinking of Teflon Tron but wrote Dirty Harry earlier. Gonna take a little longer for me to learn all y’all characters. 😉

teflontron
    Participant

From what I’ve read, the S200 is a very good gun and very accurate to boot. I think that like its big brother the 410, you really can’t go wrong with it. Another path might be an Airforce SS turned right down to about 15fpe or so and with some additional sound-lowering materials in the frame. Could be very, very quiet, plus it’s very compact and accurate too. Kind of like a Baby-Skan!

airtramp
    Participant

You’re right Teflon Tron, I checked the specifications and the Talon SS is actually even more compact than the S200. Yellow Ninja compared the two also in another post (which escaped my notice earlier 🙄 ). May be I’ll convert my Condor to the SS with a Talon tank or the Micro meter and see how it’s like. Thanks for the feedback. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.