Skip to toolbar

Next computer?

Home Forums Off Topic Off Topic Next computer?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    sawtime
    Participant

I’m no computer expert by all means, all I’m saying is everything is so much easier and straight forward with the mac. I have had this thing for 3 + years with out one crash or glitch.
    Your right, you are limited somewhat on the software. For me, with my photos and doing my billing for my company it’s perfect.
    The best part is I don’t have to talk to Hakeem at tech support and try and understand what the hell he is talking about
    😯 😯

Later-

SAW

cygnus-x-d82
    Participant

thought this was about computers not fancy kitchen ware

critter
    Participant

I have had a MacBook Pro for three years and I LOVE it. I also run Bootcamp (w/XP) and that helps when certain programs are not available for the Mac side.

silents
    Participant

My two Dells got viruses and crashed. My first Mac was slow but no viruses, my black Mac book kicked ass and my new Mac book aluminun is nice and worth every penny. For what I do my Mac fits the bill.

birdhunter
    Participant
    quote sawtime:

The best part is I don’t have to talk to Hakeem at tech support and try and understand what the hell he is talking about
    😯 😯

I’ll tell you what, I’m an on-site computer and home theater guy so I end up talking to remote tech support for customers literally a thousand minutes a month, so I have a very good reason for the following statement: American phone tech support people can be the rudest most full of themselves support assholes.

Every once in a while you’ll get a good one, but most of the time they know your problems solution before you even tell them what the problem is…..and its always your fault (which is usually Apple’s stance). I love talking to someone without an accent, but really, I’d actually rather talk to Hakeem most of the time (and actually Id rather never talk to Apple).

Dont place much value on that good ol home style support.

Heh, sorry about the rant….Its something I deal with every day and it pisses me off.

love-my-talon-ss
    Participant
    quote BirdHunter:

quote sawtime:

😯 😯

I’ll tell you what, I’m an on-site computer and home theater guy so I end up talking to remote tech support for customers literally a thousand minutes a month, so I have a very good reason for the following statement: American phone tech support people can be the rudest most full of themselves support assholes.

Every once in a while you’ll get a good one, but most of the time they know your problems solution before you even tell them what the problem is…..and its always your fault (which is usually Apple’s stance). I love talking to someone without an accent, but really, I’d actually rather talk to Hakeem most of the time (and actually Id rather never talk to Apple).

Dont place much value on that good ol home style support.

Heh, sorry about the rant….Its something I deal with every day and it pisses me off.

BirdHunter I am in the same business as you.

Yea I noticed the same about some apple techs. but you also have to realize they deal with us idiots all day long. I would get pissy also if I had to deal with us people all day every day.

sawtime
    Participant

ahhhhh, farting around and came across this for ya guys, out of the soft chrono room.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Softchrono question/suggestions
    synopsys wrote:
    mcMike wrote:

Unfortunately I just freed myself from windows and moved to Mac so don’t hold your breath though

Crap!!!! Please tell me your running Windows on that Mac!!!

Lol. That’s like putting engine from 1.3L Nissan Micra to Audi TT

Thank god I don’t need windows anymore for daily usage. Only for 3D-modeling with SolidEdge.
    Next I gotta learn how to develope with xCode-tools and rewrite SoftChrono for OSX.

I really don’t miss the times with registry-cleaners, bloated anti-virus software, constant security patches, trojans, viruses, exploits after exploits, incompatible DLL-versions !!!!, etc. etc.

Oops. Went little off-topic here but what can I say…. It just works

it just works, thank you Mike 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛

SAW

synopsys
    Participant

Well i’m a Mac user and it has it’s share of issues in the OS.

The one that is currently driving me nuts is that the menu bar (the thing at the top) stays Acrobat Pro when i’m trying to click back to the Finder.

Occasionally when i’m going through pdfs trying to find the right one I get the wheel when it tries to load a preview of a 1MB file…

How much RAM or processor do I need, 4GB of RAM and 2.6Mhz Dual processor isn’t enough to get a preview for a small file…?

Found out the hard way that if you change the ‘staff’ permissions your machine will never start again. Staff is new but it is between admin and everyone so I figured no access for staff more secure, because access for everyone is not secure at all. No errors or anything, shut it down and it never came back.

I’m a OS9 & Win2000 fan, after them it all went down hill… I wish Mac went back to a smaller line of products, it’s beginning to be the same problems system after system with no fixes in the new versions.

Go portable, but if you do get the Pro since it has the best graphics card of the line and with your deal it is even sweeter.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.