Newest LDC, the Ronin from DonnyFL

Home Forums General Shrouds and Moderators Newest LDC, the Ronin from DonnyFL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bizill
    Participant

I got the upgrade bug as it seems I’m always wanting to better the best. I already have two Sumos but when I saw that Donny had some new gear on his website, I decided I had to try out either the new Ronin or the Shogun. Because I wanted to keep My Veteran .25 short I opted for the Ronin. The Shogun is the same O.D. as the Sumo but longer. The Ronin is the same length as the Sumo, but fatter.

If you have read any of my threads or posts on my Taipan with the Sumo or seen my videos then you already know I love the combination as it’s extremely quiet. Being that I have a history of engines, custom subwoofer enclosures and now airguns it’s a given that there is no replacement for displacement. I knew obviously if I got the Ronin that it would outperform the Sumo so it’s not like I’d be wasting money.

Without drawing this post out I’ll just say that the Sumo kicked ass on my Vet but when I screwed on the Ronin and compared the two, the Ronin has the upper hand in performance. I was pretty much already mouse fart with the Sumo but now I will say it’s basically silent. And I mean silent. Only things heard are the mechanics of the Veteran, which themselves are quiet due to great engineering. It’s a bit heavier than the Sumo as it’s larger. Nothing to cry over if you’re already use to having any LDC installed.

I haven’t tried it on my Prod but it will obviously perform better on it as well but being that the Ronin will find permanent residence on my Taipan Veteran, I felt no need to play around. It would make for more photo ops but perhaps later. It’s already 95 degrees out and I just wanted to go back inside.

I did play with it really quick with my Mrodair CP1M pistol and it did better but it’s a bit large for a pistol so Sumo will stay affixed to it.

I’m a picture guy so I’ll just let the pics do the talking.

This is the Ronin end-to-end with the Sumo

Sumo

Ronin

Sumo

Ronin

bizill
    Participant

Whenever I get around to turning up my power on my Taipan then the suppression will be that much more pronounced.

birdman
    Participant

Donny really makes an excellent LDC , I have his 7 5/8″ LDC on my .25 Vulcan and today with my little wife next to
    me I sent another tree rat to the big acorn in the sky . My little love said : Wow ! I can’t believe how quiet your gun
    is , it didn’t even scare away the birds sitting in the backyard tree . :8:

bizill
    Participant

For those like myself who can never get enough there is a solution:

Donny, we’ve got to discuss your business model. How will you ever make money if you send out a free LDC with every Ronin? :rofl:

That’s actually the Sumo with the Ronin packing tube, so as not to throw anyone off with size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.