New to me: Talon/Condor

Home Forums AirForce General Chat New to me: Talon/Condor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    paul
    Participant

I have had several opportunities to get a Condor, but a couple feel through. Then I found one on auctionarms.com. This one had the Axiom Custom stock and forearm. With open sights and the scuba adapter.

All I can say is WOW. I thought my Talon SS was a tack driving fun gun. Little did I realize that the Condor is the bad-est of the the bad boys. This thing is without a doubt the Cat’s Meow. I have put the tri-rail on it and mounted a BSA Panther 2.5X10 scope. I am planning to put the sling swivels on it and can not wait to bust some bridge destroying evil pigeons. This will be later this afternoon.

To say I love my Airforce rifles, is like saying bread and butter are good, there just ain’t no doubt.

Even though I have now received my Daystate Harrier X2 and have on it a Bushnell Elite 4200, I can not say that that it is any better or more fun. Even my Rapid-7 will have to take a back seat to my Airforce rifles. My beloved FX-Cutlass is going to gather some dust while I bust some pigeon butt with my Airforce rifles.

My wife is loosing her mind, because I now walk around with my Talon SS or my Condor and just love saying “Say hello to my little friend”…. she says I look like and idiot, but dang I look so cool.

My 15 year old son has called dibs on the Talon SS because it is ambidextrous. He is a lefty. So most of my air rifles are correctly configured for right handed normal shooters… hahahhaha.

I will let you know how the operation “Feather Duster” goes this weekend.

Happy shooting,

Paul G.

jonl
    Participant

“I look so cool…”

LOL! 😆

mm123521
    Participant

Paul:

When I walk around the house with my talon, the wife franticaly starts pulling the drapes and window shades and starts murmering stuff about what the neighbors will think!!!

Mark

walkonking
    Participant

My daughter boy friend sit there with my Talon SS is sitting on it bipod and I laser site the tree and nieghbors house across the street. Funny stuff. My daughters just laugh.

mm123521
    Participant

I live in Illinois – a very very gun unfriendly state. These Talons might look like an M16 at first glance. Here they would have the swat team at your house in about 3 minutes!!!

Mark

paul
    Participant

Texas is the land of the MAGNUM rifles. So what I get is lots of laughing and poking fun at my “HIGH DOLLAR” BB guns.

Oh well, I have an FX CUTLAS-walnut .22 that came with rings, probe, and a BSA Hand-pump w/upgrade moisture remover that I found at a gun shop. It was marked “BB-GUN”. Needless to say I walked away a happy camper with my BB-GUN… hahhahaha. I can still hear the other patrons laughing at me and making jokes. Oh well, I can’t fix stupid, so let them laugh. I am laughing every time I take my Cutlas out for a shoot.

Now that I have my Talon-SS and my Condor, I reckon these others will get a well deserved rest.

To me there is nothing more relaxing and enjoyable than air rifles. They are just plain fun.

When I go up front with my Talon-SS, my neighbor walked over and asked what was I planning to do with that “ASSAULT RIFLE”. I just handed it to him and said it is a pellet rifle. The look on his face was priceless. People think pellet rifles are crosman 760 and daisy m880.

I just love my hobby and everyone on these boards have been just wonderful.

I am grateful to those who have answered my dumb questions and to those who have sold me stuff. Although my wife has a hit out for me and the sellers…. hahahaha just joking.

Well, I better get my spec-op gear ready for OPERATION FEATHER DUSTER. Here pigeon, pigeon….. come to Daddy.

Happy Shooting, God’s blessing to one and all. If this offends you. Oh well…. **** happens.

Paul G.

mm123521
    Participant

Paul:
    your lucky to be in TX.
    My “B-B” gun exactly fits the area I use. Nearest house is a little over one third of a mile away. At that distance, my pellet would loose all its energy and fall harmless. It would not be safe with a real firearm. In fact it is illegal to shoot a long gun anywhere in this state except at a fireing range!!!

Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.