Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

New Tanks For the AF Line…

Home Forums AirForce General Chat New Tanks For the AF Line…

This topic contains 83 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  anthony266 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author

castle02

Got my tank today! I wasn’t sure if there was even anything in the box, the tank is so light. Thanks Anthony!!

Rich

caboose212
    Participant

I hope everyone is able to post numbers once they get their tanks switched over! I’m super excited about these tanks!!!!

shadynas7y

How much of a benefit would having one of these tanks filled to 3500psi and a jds regulator set at oh idk 2500psi, with an opened up top hat from Talon or R&L etc..? I guess I’m trying to figure out a way to shoot 45 grain slugs at around 950-1000 fps for about 6 very consistent shots.

dyotat100

Won’t work. What psi does it take to get 950 fps with 45 gr? I don’t think your making 90 fpe on 2500 psi.

With a reg you need 1 cc per fpe for a reg setup to work efficient. That means you need 90 cc(5.5 ci) between the reg and the valve.

Regs work good for pellet guns. When you start getting into power the pre chamber has to get large fast.

I’m in the process of making a reg setup for .257, 7mm, and .308.

shadynas7y
    quote Dyotat100:

Won’t work. What psi does it take to get 950 fps with 45 gr? I don’t think your making 90 fpe on 2500 psi.

With a reg you need 1 cc per fpe for a reg setup to work efficient. That means you need 90 cc(5.5 ci) between the reg and the valve.

Regs work good for pellet guns. When you start getting into power the pre chamber has to get large fast.

I’m in the process of making a reg setup for .257, 7mm, and .308.

Ok thank you. Didn’t have any idea if that were feasible. Sounds like we need a much larger regulator. Just trying to figure out if the higher pressure of these tanks would be of any use to me. I don’t really care about the weight or length of pull loss.

dyotat100

I don’t mess with the stock valve at all.

You can get a good shot curve with higher pressure and slugs. I don’t mess with .25 or those slugs you mentioned.

I use .257 where you have a way better selection of bullets to choose from.

wmyend

Got my bottle today Tony! Looks great thanks!

maw

I was getting around that, with regular high flow stock valve, for 15 shots. No reg.

sharpshot86
    quote maw:

I was getting around that, with regular high flow stock valve, for 15 shots. No reg.

You were getting 15 shots at or around 950fps with 45grain slugs? Is this what your saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebaddj
    Participant

Shadnasty, what caliber are you shooting?

shadynas7y
    quote onebaddj:

Shadnasty, what caliber are you shooting?

I just got a .25 Condor, 24″ barrel.

maw

NO, JSB pellets, that weigh like 44.25, or something like that, I am sure everyone would love 45 grain slugs, but you can get Rat slugs in .25.

sgtbunny

I’m glad I ordered mine.

I received my bottle and tank cover the other day. I ended up shortening the tank cover so it did not overhang.

I will get to finish setting everything up this weekend since I also installed a regulator.

anthony266
    Keymaster

that is a cool looking rig….

sgtbunny

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar