New spring and hammer on Condor SS, now it won’t cock

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS New spring and hammer on Condor SS, now it won’t cock

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scott Bolden
    Participant

I hope that maybe you can help me out. Last week I put a new hammer and spring in my Condor. Disassembly went fine until I started to put it back together. I followed the instructions to the letter, but went I got the barrel down to the end, I almost had to stand on it to get it in place.
    It worked but I would always hit a hard spot about 75% way up before it would cock and lock. Then Friday I went out to shoot, ran 1 round, went to load the breach and I couldn’t push it up, The breach would not move forward. I took the gun apart and pulled the barrel, spring, etc. out I had to open the trigger assembly and pulled the spring back on the strike latch to get the strike to go up to get the hammer out.
    I replaced the trigger cover and proceeded to reassemble everything. I cocked it and it fired, I went cock it again and it locked up.
    I’m thinking that I either bent something or knocked the sears out of sequence. I really don’t know what it’s supposed to look like, it’s similar to the Texan but not the same. I kept reading about taking out the auto safety. I did that, but still no go the same thing.
    I can’t find any help from the internet no sequential this or that or directions. Is this Condor a government secret? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Can somebody please tell me (step by step) what to do when sliding the hammer, spring and barrel back in.
    This is how I start out, but I’m missing a step or something:
    (With the barrel out and everything in place, trigger assmenbley open)
    (1) Push safety off
    (2) pull sping back to push lever down to raise the stike out of shroud
    (3) slide barrel assembly down the breach until everything has stopped, install grub screws to busshings and power wheel
    (4) release the back spring to let the lever drop back down, reinstall 3 springs. Cover assembly.
    (5) And here is where it fails, It will either cock, I get 1 shot and will not cock again, or it will not cock at all.

Iv’e done this about a hundred times and can’t figure out what I am or am not doing. I removed the auto safety. Can somebody help me!? The company that I bought the hammer and spring from said to hold the trigger backwhile installing, they are idiotsbut I tried it. Their English is very hard to comprehend.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Scott Bolden.
    anthony266
    Keymaster

Good Gawd Sir…
    How big is this spring and hammer!?

Scott Bolden
    Participant

Pretty big. Any help?

Scott Bolden
    Participant

OEM hammer on the right

anthony266
    Keymaster

What happens when you go back to use the factory spring?
    Does the gun normally?

condormoder
    Participant

I have had a similar experience in the past, turns out I tightened down the very front trigger screw too much, once backed off up to a half  turn range it started working fine.  Can not explain for sure what is happening but it cured the problem, hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.