New member, first post

Home Forums AirForce General Chat New member, first post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dougt
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I’m new to air guns, and am awaiting my Tallon SS in .22. I’ve read about 75% of the posts here, and have learned a great deal. Having been a powder burner for over 30 years, a lot of this stuff is second hand to me. But this is my first air gun, and I am very excited about it. I’ll be able to shoot it at home, at work, hunting in the field and I’m even going to try my hand at silhouette. From what I gather, air gunners do a lot more shooting than powder burners. I know this will be the case with me. I live in the city, so the shooting I do at home will be indoors. I have fairly good access to the outdoors (on my way home from work), and my boss wants me to eliminate the birds that get in the Power Plant. The range where they shoot silhouette is not too far away, and they shoot the first Sunday of every month. So all in all, my new air rifle will allow me to shoot a great deal more than I could with firearms. Thanks for a great forum, and I look forward to learning a lot more from all of you.
    DougT

y
    Participant

Welcome to the site Doug, Sounds like you have a lot of shooting opportunities.

nuglor
    Participant

If you’re going to be doing any hunting/pest control, I highly suggest JSB Predator pellets. You can find them here

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/pellet.pl?pellet_id=343

dougt
    Participant

Thanks Y. Nuglor, I already bought four tins of them from Pyramydair….I’m ready!
    DougT

anthony266
    Keymaster
    quote :

I’ve read about 75% of the posts here

and you decided to stay?

Welcome Doug.

Glad your here.

steveinla
    Participant

Hi Doug, welcome to the forum. You are going to love your SS. So your boss wants you to shoot birds? You mean that you are going to get paid to do what most of would do for free? That’s great!

walkonking
    Participant

Hi Doug and welcome,

Looks like the other guys have given you a warm welcome so I decided to post this for you….

nebraska
    Participant

Welcome Doug! If you’re new to airguns, this is the place to be. These guys can build a pellet gun out of two sticks and a rubber band :D.

dougt
    Participant

Walkonking,
    Wow, she’s nice! Thanks Nebraska, I agree with you that these guys are the best.
    DougT

nuglor
    Participant

Well, if we’re sending girls over…. Here ya go.

walkonking
    Participant

Nuglor,

I am stealing that one…LOL

nuglor
    Participant
    quote WalkonKing:

Nuglor,

I am stealing that one…LOL

Here’s a couple for you. Look for this girl next time you go to Walmart! 😀

rob3dr
    Participant

Bet you wont get a welcome like this at any other site on the net… 😆

akula
    Participant

Doug; Welcome. And for the rest of you out there, Doug lives in SOCAL. Women strip on the street and show their wares most everywhere on this coast. It’s a SOCAL thing so you wouldn’t understand. It’s enjoyable…but it gets a bit tedious. Most are NOT screened for nudity and should leave their clothes on. There are the occasional outstanding displays though.

Again Doug, welcome. AKULA

rob3dr
    Participant
    quote AKULA:

Doug; Welcome. And for the rest of you out there, Doug lives in SOCAL. Women strip on the street and show their wares most everywhere on this coast. It’s a SOCAL thing so you wouldn’t understand. It’s enjoyable…but it gets a bit tedious. Most are NOT screened for nudity and should leave their clothes on. There are the occasional outstanding displays though.

Again Doug, welcome. AKULA

Hell… sounds like I’m living in the wrong part of the US…. I think if some guys around here saw a pussy out on the street, they’d likely throw a rock at it. 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.