New Impact Mk2 Build

Home Forums BullPups FX New Impact Mk2 Build

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Rowdy
    Participant

Ok, I just wondered what you had. Looking forward to see how your project proceeds…

1 in 26″ twist, that’s very interesting to me. I have watched several of the videos of these Impacts in .30 shooting and they were really accurate and at great distance, with a cross wind, very predictive and repeatable!

I had wondered what twist rate they used for the .30 … It’s freakin’ impressive regardless what it is, I know that. They used pellets and slugs too!

Way cool, thanks for the shared info too, I have been known to be quite a pita with questions on things and certain times have more than tested Guy’s patients, which is never what I ever intended!!!

caboose212
    Participant

No joy on the freezer experiment. Barrel’s still too big for the CF sleeve. I’ll have to go with my original plan, which is to carefully sand the I.D. to clear the liner… No biggie. Just tedious.

Other’s in the community designed the 1-26 twist rate for .30 many years ago. Made by TJ’s, out in KY. Works quite well for both pellets and slugs. FX just copied the twist rate is all. Their first twist rates when the Impact first came out weren’t quite there, and accuracy really started to suffer once people started shooting the heavier slugs. So they copied the twist rate that so many of us have had such great success with. I would have preferred to use a TJ liner, but I haven’t been able to get a hold of him. The FX liner was available, so I went that route. I just want to get the gun up and running, so I can get to tuning and such.

Rowdy
    Participant

You know there used to be a lot more activity on this website but I think everybody’s moved on at least most of the time frame anyway.

I remember seeing the impact when it first came out and was real interested in it but then the accuracy wasn’t there.

I can only imagine how ready you are to have this thing up and going it’s that would be killing me.

Good luck with all this and look forward to seeing and hearing about it all…

caboose212
    Participant

Small update. Barrel is done:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

The outer barrel shroud is just on there for mock up. I’m going to extend the outer shroud, I’m just waiting on some aluminum to make the parts to extend it. After paint, it’ll look factory. I still need to get a LDC for it too. Soon I’ll be disassembling the gun again, so I can install all the other goodies. I’ll be done with this build soon. I’ve also got a new FX chronograph coming too… I can’t wait to get to tuning!

Rowdy
    Participant

Now don’t that carbon fiber just look badass or what!

I have a carbon fiber high tension barrel in a 22 magnum powder burner and the thing about it surprised me was just how durable that carbon fiber is you know, it doesn’t get a ding, it doesn’t get frayed or scratched, it just looks awesome…

It’s a perfect material for building air rifle barrels and components as you are here, I mean this rifle your building here is a serious animal!!!

One thing I figure, you got some serious patience hanging on to everything, waiting to start shooting this build up.

caboose212
    Participant

Mr. Clague has graciously agreed to build me a custom barrel shroud for my Impact. Made from CF to keep weight down. Here’s some examples of NC’s work… These are not my parts. Just posting to give an idea of what I’ll be getting.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by caboose212.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.