Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

New FX Impact.177 FAC in bound!!!(New Pics!!!)

Home Forums BullPups FX Bullpups New FX Impact.177 FAC in bound!!!(New Pics!!!)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  bigtinboat 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

airbrained

kris
    Participant

good luck with that. instead of copycating why dont you use your brain and install a buddy bottle jubilee clip style bipod mount, so you end up with a functional bipod i.e. closer to the muzzle?

also i recommend getting a g line style camera adapter. something what can be locked solid.

will the .177 group? they are questioning that even on the fx salespage AGNation

airbrained

Yeah the scope cam mount leaves a little to be desired. On your other question, yes it groups wonderfully, it will do 1/2″ at 50yds no problem but I’ve yet to stretch it out passed that yet other than doing a little plinking. Also the problem with the FX guns is you can only shoot a few different pellets out of those smooth twist barrels and they have to be JSB or AA which is something I was well aware of before I purchased it and I usually shoot JSB and AA pellets all the time anyway. The bipod works fine for what I do but I also agree that it’s a flaw in the design and I may start entertaining some alternative options for mounting the bipod. I’m very happy thus far but it’s not a magical gun it’s just another cool ass PCP to me and I’d post it for sale in a heartbeat when something else tickles my fancy, like an Airwolf!!!

steveinla

Greetings Airbrained,
    How’s your Impact working out for you? Have you purchased another barrel/caliber? I’d like to hear about it.
    R, Steve

iride
    Participant

airbrained
    You still around, Is your 177 FX still working?
    Mike

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote iride:

airbrained
    You still around, Is your 177 FX still working?
    Mike

He sold it back in October on AGN.

You might want to look at the Wildcat in .177. Since I couldn’t get a .177 barrel for my Mutant I picked one up. Nice light and balanced gun. Likes the 10.3 and 13.4 jsb the best. Reg is jacked (creeps 15bar overnight) so I have a Huma due in a couple of days for it.
    When I rebuilt the reg and put it back to the same tension setting it was a bit high. With hammer spring tension all the way in it is was up to 1015 with the 10.3’s and if I had more spring it would have went higher. They have some power on tap. My stock reg is like 110bar right now and it’s shooting the 10.3’s at 900.

iride
    Participant

Big T B
    Is yours a wild cat I or a II
    I heard they improved the regulators in the II.
    Mike

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote iride:

Big T B
    Is yours a wild cat I or a II
    I heard they improved the regulators in the II.
    Mike

Mine is a Mk1. I hope they have improved them. When I bought then gun I had figured the Huma would be needed based on my research. After taking the regulator apart I can see why. Compared to a Ninja paint ball regulator the tolerances on this seem way to big. After assembling the belleville stack I could easily “move” the washers side to side changing the way that sit on each other and changing the size of the stack slightly. I’m sure this is what contributes to their inconsistencies. I’ve used Audrius, Lane and Huma’s in the past, all with excellent results, but haven’t ever had the need to disassemble any of them to see how the FX stacks up against them. (pun intended)

iride
    Participant

Thanks Big T B
    Thats what scared me away from the wild cat all the extra crap that goes wrong with the FX line,
    There is no reason you have to fix a new gun with a Huma regulator ,
    Its just not right.
    I do hope you get your gun shooting well.
    Mike

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote iride:

Thanks Big T B
    Thats what scared me away from the wild cat all the extra crap that goes wrong with the FX line,
    There is no reason you have to fix a new gun with a Huma regulator ,
    Its just not right.
    I do hope you get your gun shooting well.
    Mike

I hear ya, but my gun is not new. I picked it up used, and negotiated the price based on this. Only gun I had that the OEM regulator lasted was the Taipan. Just look at the BSA R10’s or the Edgun’s, or the Hatsan’s with regs. ALL wind up getting replaced with Huma (if they get used and by someone with a chrony)

BTW- good luck with the Vulcan. I had considered that in .177, they are solid guns. but the Vulcan I saw in person looked way bigger then in the pics online. Kinda the opposite of the WC. Looking at the pics I never expected the gun to be this small.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar