Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

New FX Impact.177 FAC in bound!!!(New Pics!!!)

Home Forums BullPups FX Bullpups New FX Impact.177 FAC in bound!!!(New Pics!!!)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  bigtinboat 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

airbrained

Couldn’t believe my eyes when checking AirGunDepot’s website and saw they had the all black Impact in .177 so I called them up and sure enough they had one in stock and I didn’t even flinch I told my ole lady it was a rare find and I needed it!!! So I purchased the.177 Impact and a Hawke Sport 4-12×50 scope and medium quick detach mounts along with about 5000 rounds of different weight JSB and AirArms pellets oh and a spare .177 Impact magazine. So come Tuesday when I get off work I will be celebrating like it’s freaking 1999. Now I have waited a long time to even consider purchasing an Impact as I wanted all the bugs to be worked out and from everything I’ve been reading and watching lately it appears that the Impact had been revamped and sorted out, I’ll be crossing my fingers. Anyway I plan on doing some fun little testing ASAP and putting the Impact up against my EdGun Matador Short.25 and Daystate Air Ranger Tactical.25 and just for good ole fun my Benjamin Marauder pistol.22. I’ll update you guys as this all unfolds. Also I’m thinking one of DonnyDu’s new Sumo mods would look sick on the black Impact. Thoughts? Opinions? I know TAG Isn’t really an FX friendly forum but it’s still an awesome air rifle and I know at least some of you guys and gals will be interested to see how the .177 Impact holds up. Wish me luck fellas.

cybernet69

The FX Impact is an o-ring manufacturers dream come true. 🙂

Seriously, hope it performs to perfection for you. :8:

airbrained

Thanks bro I hope so to but I’m no slouch on tuning air rifles, if there is an issue I will try my best to resolve it. Going to try my hand at field target with it. Tracking number says it will be here Tuesday!!! I’m freaking stoked and shit if I’m not feeling it or I want to try something new then I’ll be posting it for sale and try something else. Life’s to short and I still have a lot of air rifles to shoot!!!

kris
    Participant

should have waited for the Crown, if you wanted a target .177 gun. No? :rofl:

I doubt they will make the x barrels for the impact, they need that hype to sell the new Crown. I am sure it will have elevated selling price. (FX way of thinking)

cybernet69
    quote kris:

should have waited for the Crown, if you wanted a target .177 gun. No? :rofl:

I doubt they will make the x barrels for the impact, they need that hype to sell the new Crown. I am sure it will have elevated selling price. (FX way of thinking)

The X Barrels already fit the FX Impact and Wildcat.

Matt (FX Impact) was given one to test back in South Africa.

kris
    Participant

I see that guy who is begging for donation because his business model did not work out with youtube? or was that AEAC? :8:

I am sure you will be buying a larger calibre barrel soon. good for FX

cybernet69
    quote kris:

I see that guy who is begging for donation because his business model did not work out with youtube? or was that AEAC? :8:

I am sure you will be buying a larger calibre barrel soon. good for FX

Yes, that’s him.

He got the barrel for free, not sure about the Impact.

airbrained

Yeah Kris I have plans on purchasing the other calibers if the gun and I end up getting along and if not I’ll sell it and buy two Mutants!!!! The scope and some of the pellets arrived today but the Impact.177, spare mag, scope mounts and the rest of my pellets will be here Tuesday. Does Donny make an adapter for the Impact to allow 1/2″-20 mods to work? If I could have found an Airwolf MCT in the black soft touch like my .25 Air Ranger I would have bought that but Daystate stopped making those style stock a few years ago and they are hard to find. Now the new Kalibrgun Capybara coming out whenever they come out looks pretty cool, although i think they should change that weird square shroud back to the normal round shape.

airbrained

Well the new FX Impact.177 arrived safely and it shoots like a dream!!! I have it set up to shoot the JSB Exact King 10.34g at 910fps and it is unbelievably easy to stack pellets on top each other. I am having trouble uploading pictures again with Photobucket.

donnyfl
    Participant

Congrats Airbrained! I have the .22 and just ordered the .177 and .30 barrels. Cost of a new gun but one of the reason I purchased this gun for its versatility. I haven’t had any issues with it yet.

airbrained

Hey Donny thanks!!! Do you have a way of fitting your “Sumo” mod to the telescopic shroud? I think that would look sick!!

eohlin

I just bought a new .177 barrel for my impact on Monday.

Would you share what your settings on the impact are?

Any idea how many shots you’ll get on a fill?

Eric

airbrained

The gun came with the reg set at 110 bar and the valve was tightened down all the way to the first line on the valve adjustment screw. I adjusted the valve to halfway open and it slings the JSB king heavies 10.35g at about 900-910 fps and I haven’t counted but I know I can get over 100 shots. I’ve only tested the JSB King Heavy and the AA 8.44 diabola fields but I was shooting them to hot because I didn’t feel like readjusting the gun. It’s a freaking lazer with the heavy JSB’s

eohlin

Excellent…I’m assuming with the factory shroud the 177 is pretty quiet at those speeds?

At right around 19FPE, this should be a great gun to get started in Hunter class Field Target…then flip in a .30 barrel for hunting.

Eric

airbrained

That’s exactly what I bought the .177 for, I wanted to try my hand at Field Target and was enticed by the massive shot count and being able to swap to larger calibers is mega sweet!!! The larger FX Impact calibers are wayyy easier to get than the .177, it was a chance miracle that I happened to be browsing the AirgunDepot website looking for a cool ass .177cal. high end Field Target/hunting capable rifle and they just so had one in stock, so I ordered it and a week later Bingo the unicorn is captured!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar