New Condor valve – Stock AF hammer?

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS New Condor valve – Stock AF hammer?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chimp
    Participant

Hey –
    I have a new high flow AF valve and before I start setting the top hat I need some input. The set up is a 24″ 22 barrel. I have a Talon Tunes 110 gr hammer and an AF stock hammer+weight. I can turn down the 110 gr hammer to any desired weight. I worry about using a too heavy hammer.
    My last new condor valve did not open at 3000 psi fill.
    Regards
    chimp

savagesam
    Participant

So the power wheel compresses the spring that applies pressure to the hammer? Is that right?

chimp
    Participant

The PW adjustment adds spring pressure and there for has an affect on the valve timing -lock-up time. Best thing is to set up the gun using a chrono to get a bell shape fps curve and leave it. I’m asking others whom played with the hammer weights what work best. I had the 110 gr hammer in my old TSS and did not like the large mass striking the top hat. The stock weight needs a bit more to ckrack open the valve at 3000 psi. IMO that’s allot of wear and tear on the valve.

chimp
    Participant

Hey any input here? I guess I’ll try turning down the 110 to 90 gr tonight. One of my pals runs 90 gr on a 25 ad it works good. I’ll see how it goes.
    Late

walkonking
    Participant

Chimp,

Looks like the condor guys are asleep. I am sure someone will chime in soon.

chimp
    Participant

Adam
    Thanks – I just put in the 110 gm hammer on last night. I’ll test the setup on the weekend as I need a fresh fill on my scuba tank. It’s easier to take off brass then add weight :).
    I also got my 20 cal TSS shooting well last night. That will be another post
    Regards,
    Chimp

savagesam
    Participant
    quote chimp:

Adam
    Thanks – I just put in the 110 gm hammer on last night. I’ll test the setup on the weekend as I need a fresh fill on my scuba tank. It’s easier to take off brass then add weight :).
    I also got my 20 cal TSS shooting well last night. That will be another post
    Regards,
    Chimp

Hey chimp off topic, would you tell me what kind of scuba tank you have and how many “full 3000 psi” fills you get before have to refill?

chimp
    Participant

Savagesam,
    I have a 105 cubic foot carbon fiber dive tank. These things go for 320 at the del mare dive shop here in town. I get the thing filled to 4250-4300 psi at the local Sports Chalet for 5 bucks. I do not know the exact # of fill I get off the tank buts it’s ~25 – 30. My fill hose is long – 3 ft so I waste air there.
    I hope this helps.

savagesam
    Participant

Hell yeah that’s helpful thanks chimp

fatalen
    Participant

Hey chimp off topic, would you tell me what kind of scuba tank you have and how many “full 3000 psi” fills you get before have to refill?

I thing, this is the answer of your question
    http://www.chairgun.com/download/FillCalc_Setup.exe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.