new 24 barell on tss some help

Home Forums AirForce Talon/Talon SS new 24 barell on tss some help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    buster
    Participant

should I clean it and how to get it shooting tighth groups, and what power should I expect to get out of it using the powerwheal, havet touched the top hatt thanks. and by the way got 4 boxes of cp’s die #7 jan 09 2008 of pointed from PA should I return them or what ?

spinj
    Participant

I don’t think cleaning the barrel is necessary, but there’s no wrong in doing so. Why are you thinking of returning the CPs? Those are excellent pellets. I also have die #7 and there’s nothing wrong with them.

I just added to a post about POI shift caused by the position of the cocking knob. Try giving it a read, and try it out. Here is the link to the post: http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1429&start=20

Anonymous
    Inactive
    quote spinj:

Why are you thinking of returning the CPs? Those are excellent pellets. I also have die #7 and there’s nothing wrong with them.

I think he means the CPs are actually Crosmans pointed pellets. Apparently they’ve been shipping out like that. Crosman pointed pellets in CP Boxes…

buster
    Participant

do yours look like the ones in this thread, the ones i got are the same as the ones in the picture, i tried some at 20 yrd and the group was tight went to 40 and it was all over i mean 3 inch groups, maybe it because they where dirty and fouled the barel dont know , i cleand them both to give it another try, i didnt have a poi change before, only from holding the rifle to tight to the shoulder

bodhisdad
    Participant

I would clean the barrel, and give the barrel some time to adjust to the pellet. Its funny, but the barrel sometimes needs 20 or so shots through it before it starts to shoot right with a different pellet then it was shooting before.

I’d save myself some effort and just purchase kodiaks in the future. Its really the only pellet you’ll need. JSBs, Air Arms, Air guns of Airizona’s label, BSA “Wolverines” from Sportsmans Warehouse are all relabeled jsbs and would be my second choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.