Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

New $210 Tuxing 4500psi compact compressor

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps New $210 Tuxing 4500psi compact compressor

Viewing 3 posts - 256 through 258 (of 258 total)
  • Author
    kmaz
    Participant
    quote -Mischief:

quote Kmaz:

quote -Mischief:

I just purchased a YongHeng and was told by the distributor that “any standard motor oil would work”. that just doesn’t seem right to me. Everyones thoughts?

At minimum I’d use a full synthetic compressor oil. I’m sure you could use reg motor oil and never have a problem but why take the chance? Currently, I’m using royal purple recip100.
    Kris

Thanks Kris! I haven’t even had the chance to uncrate it yet…how much does it require to fill? )So I know how much to order)

Not sure… but a quart will get at least the initial fill and two changes I believe.
    Kris

mischief
    Participant
    quote Kmaz:

quote -Mischief:

quote Kmaz:

At minimum I’d use a full synthetic compressor oil. I’m sure you could use reg motor oil and never have a problem but why take the chance? Currently, I’m using royal purple recip100.
    Kris

Thanks Kris! I haven’t even had the chance to uncrate it yet…how much does it require to fill? )So I know how much to order)

Not sure… but a quart will get at least the initial fill and two changes I believe.
    Kris

Awesome! Thank you very much!

hsnmz
    Participant
    quote Wingman NZ:

My filter turned up and I made a filter element from some Pollycabonate thin wall clear tube and picked up some activated carbon from the local pet shop. It is used in fish tank water filters too. I cut the cotton filter that came with the filter body into shorter lengths and added some silica gel from a desiccant bag that I scored from some jet engine shipping boxes. I will order some of the colour indicator silica gel to mix in too to show when the moister content has peaked.

Will the air not pass around the filter tube you made?

Viewing 3 posts - 256 through 258 (of 258 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.