Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Needing a little more power

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Needing a little more power

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  miksatx 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

iride
    Participant

Racing season is just over been real busy,
    I have not called Tony yet on the springs,
    I just need a little nudge out of my Veteran 22 (18gr)and 25 (25gr)to bring the speed up to low 900 FPS
    Now my Mutant 22 will take a little more than a spring to bring it up to speed, Its 16 gr pellets are at about 816 FPS,
    TIM
    Just give Tony a call on the spring,
    Mike

Tim
    Participant

I am only looking for another 20fps give or take. I was told with the taipan you need a regulator tool to read the regulator setting, since is comes with no markings. I agree you can only hit so hard but I am not sure if a little more spring would hurt. So I was going to test one and see.

iride
    Participant

Tim
    Yep I am with you on the little extra oomph,
    I think a spring is all me need,
    I will get around to calling Tony next week for sure,
    Mike

miksatx
    Participant

Was machining some 1/2″ rod aluminum and cut a shim for the hammer spring. Will give about another coil of adjustment. If you want one for your Vet Mike. PM me your address and I’ll stick one in the mail. Should give ya some more power out of the spring you are using now.
    I used my standard mutant hammer spring adjuster for sizing it.

Attachments:

iride
    Participant

Miksatx
    Did you get my address I sent you?
    Mike

miksatx
    Participant

Hi Mike
    Yes I did get the addy will get it out in the mail in the morning.

miksatx
    Participant

Tim I’ll make you the same offer drop me a pm and I’ll send you a shim also.

miksatx
    Participant

Hey Mike I stuck a little thicker shim in there also so going to be two pieces.

motorhead
    Participant

More power … read these

New member … Fooling around with Mutants

Balancing the flow within the Mutant valve

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  motorhead. Reason: Links not working
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  motorhead.

miksatx
    Participant

Hey Iride did ya get a chance to try out the shims?

iride
    Participant

Mike
    Wife at church this morning , Got a chance to play, The thick one slipped right on the Mutant 22 , I did a quick adjustment until the gun would not cock, Then turned adjuster out a little, Did a quick check and no change in FPS 820 FPS 16 gr JSB pellets..
    Garbed the Veteran 22 and the thin washer would not fit, To small, Went to my work shop found a thick washer about the same thickness stuck it on and all back together, Did not get to check the FPS on Veteran, Church let out, Play time over,,
    Got me to thinking I did buy the Mutant 22 second hand and Brian might have stuck another spring in there ?
    Its got the linstone barrel in it very accurate loves all pellets , I bought the CZ barrel accurate to but pellet fussy.
    Mike

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  iride.

rowdy
    Participant

I still think your going to need adjusting your reg in to bring in more air pressure man…

Least if was mine, is what I would do. Sure it will use more air doing so, but heck with the compressor and tanks you have would be the least of my concern.

You got all things covered very well! You just want more power, which is just my bigger concern with these new. Pellet Rifles.
    You can always dial the hst out and lighten the hammer strike…

I have always found polishing the hammer and the receiver area it slides in all good also if its just a mass production of the components have the usual lathe turned tracks…

Do a good deep cleaning, polish what needs smoothed out and then polished. Then make a half turn in on your reg and check thing after reassemble.

Hope you get it all worked out however you address this…

miksatx
    Participant

I suggest buying a cheap Chinese hand pump. If you go to messing with the reg. Lot easier to blow the reg out with a couple strokes of a hand pump. Then unscrewing both ends of the airtube and pushing it out with a dowel stick. I just stick a sock on the reg end pump a couple times and it just pops out lol.

iride
    Participant

You guys
    I am not a gun smith at all, I know its just a matter of time before I have open them up,
    Oh I adjust triggers and replace breach seals , And when that day comes I will need lots of videos
    and guys like ya.ll to walk me through the surgery,
    I guess if I got real good at working on guns I would buy an impact so I could work on it all the time, LOL.
    And the right tools always makes it a lot easier.
    Mike

miksatx
    Participant

Lol Mike not really that hard to adjust the reg. To degass the gun find a set screw and drop in the brass adjuster remove the spring and screw in the adjuster and drain the air. Only need to screw it a tiny bit till it starts draining.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar