My new 850 airmag

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns My new 850 airmag

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    photo22
    Participant

I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I did not show you guys my new toy. It’s an RWS Hammerli 850 AirMagnum in .22. It’s my first .22 rifle with bulk 9oz Co2 tank, Bushy Banner 6-24×40 and a Rich from Mich. MB. I also added alittle weight to the stock with spray foam and two 6″ bolts just to keep it more balanced and it’s at 8.95lbs with all you see. The gun puts out 13fpe but with the hammer spring mod. it will do 16fpe and it loves Beeman FTS and cleaned an lubed CP’s. The trigger is not great , but not bad. The trigger is set at 2lbs-4oz on my Lyman. Lots of buzz going on about the 850 so this is mine.

Pat J.

Some groups shots at 25 yards. man this gun I like from the price

I have the balance set nice for me. and it shots very good offhand.

mig-rod
    Participant

with those groups it will definitely be one hell of a small game gun. Nice!

y
    Participant

Those guns are great, especially at that price.

I was thinking about getting one, but between the big seasonal temperature changes and getting a few other toys I didnt have enough $ left over.

walkonking
    Participant

Nice picts. They are getting popular aren’t they?

rabbits
    Participant

nice gun mate bet you,ll have some fun with that 😀

photo22
    Participant

Thanks guys. I went with the .22 and man it’s costing me. I go through pellets very fast….LOL The price it right on this one for it’s $197.95 to my house from Mid South Shooters Supply and it’s a great buy. Natchez also has them in .177 for cheaper and I’m thinking about getting one for my kids to shot so it won’t cost me so much in pellets. I just picked up a spare 9oz tank but the stock AirSource 88g tanks are good and with the right weather you can get 160-170 shots before POI changes. But with the 9oz tank it’s 3 times more shots and it cost me $2.50 to fill it…..WOOHOOO. I fear the price on the 850’s will go up more and I seen Pyramyd Air’s price jump up so I started hunting for one. There are some guys that are doing some great things with the 850 and with HPA bulk putting out 18 to 20fpe, full shrouds, I hear some wood stocks are in the works as well and in my book that’s a nice inexpensive hunting rig. Too me in stock condition, the guns are loud so a MB is a most have part in my area. I also hear the .177 is not as loud as the .22

airtramp
    Participant

Nice pics photo22. Now I can see why people called it a poor man’s Rapid (in the complimentary way). Congrats.

photo22
    Participant
    quote AirTramp:

Nice pics photo22. Now I can see why people called it a poor man’s Rapid (in the complimentary way). Congrats.

Yeah that’s it, a poor man Rapid 😆 …..lol

ambush-hunter
    Participant

Here is mine at the bottom. Great plinker and pest control tool. 160 full power shots at 12fpe with 88 g. co2. I lost count how many pigeons were slaughtered…
    Also, here are five 50 yards shots with one miss at the top.

photo22
    Participant

Vlady, I like the way that’s setup. Hows the wrap on the MB? does it help? Some guys are using shrink wrap on the MB, and it seems to work good. I was going to use a one piece scope mount, but my goal was to keep the weight down on the rig as best I could and still get good balance with the 9oz C02 tank.

sluggo
    Participant

Cool rig

Thats alot of shots for one fill.
    I am impressed with both groups. 25yards and the 50yard. Not bad for $200.
    I am in the same boat as Yella. I have spent too much on airguns and shouldn’t buy anymore until I sell of some. 😥

ambush-hunter
    Participant

Photo, the wrap works great. It’s a camo duct tape wraped several times around those holes. Really tight. So it works like an expansion chamber.
    Silent.
    Actually I switched to 2 piece mounts last week to get some weight off. It don’t need a one piece mount anyway, no recoil.
    It is really cool to actually see a pellet arching toward a pigeon that is 40-50 y. out.

photo22
    Participant

Vlady Thanks for the Info. 😀

ambush-hunter
    Participant

😀
    Cool shroud, Photo. Yeah, I enjoy this plinker so much, I’ll never sell it, unless I move up North somewhere where co2 is not as efficient.

buba-b
    Participant

Nice gun would realy like one myself if it wasnt for the CO2 bottle ,but its too cold for it here 🙁 . Ive seen on the Russian forums their converting the 850 s to PCP which would solve that for me . Any chance of taking it apart 😯 and measuring all the bits so i can make a copy 😀 hehe happy shooting .. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.