My Hill Pump Experience

Home Forums AirForce General Chat My Hill Pump Experience

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    hrunting
    Participant

I spent the first 45 minutes dorking out. I thought the wheezing and farting noises being made by the pump were normal. I reread a post on the forum where Synopsys said that he got his tank up to 2000 psi with two 5 minute sessions. I realized that I was doing something wrong. I rechecked the fill hose, and it wasn’t screwed down tight enough on either side. As soon as I started pumping again the needle started to rise. I couldn’t believe how fast the tank filled. After the first 5 minute session I was up to 1000 psi. I let the pump cool for fifteen minutues and then pumped up to 2000 psi. At 2000 psi the hose started leaking again. I torqued the connection down again. I was worried about over tightening, but I didn’t think I had much choice. I finished filling the tank in two more sessions. The last five minutes were a bitch. Toward the end my wife started making suggestive jokes about the whole pumping up the tank thing. I kind of agreed with her on the look of the whole situation, but I couldn’t laugh and operate the pump at the same time. I was actually lifting my body off the ground pushing down on the handle. After I regained my composure, I began pumping again. It takes some technique. I attached the tank to the Condor and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. Up to now I had been using CO2 and I had the power wheel set to low. I turned the wheel up to 11 and pulled the trigger again. After months of reading about how loud the Condor was I expected a louder report. After the first couple of shots the Condor became louder, but still quiter than I was expecting it to be. I was however surprised at how loud the “tank ping” sounded.

bikincrazy52
    Participant

Get someone to shoot in and stand about 20 feet in front of the gun. It will sound much louder.

walkonking
    Participant

Creative Editing…LOL

quote Hrunting:

I spent the first 45 minutes dorking out. I thought the wheezing and farting noises being made by the pump were normal. I was worried about over tightening, but I didn’t think I had much choice. The last five minutes were a bitch. Toward the end my wife started making suggestive jokes about the whole pumping thing. I kind of agreed with her on the look of the whole situation I was actually lifting my body off the ground pushing down After I regained my composure, I began pumping again. It takes some technique. Nothing happened.

I love it when you talk DIRTY 😈

buster
    Participant

always use teflon tape on the threads to prevent air leaks and overtightening

hrunting
    Participant

Teflon tape. Damn, why didn’t I think of that. I have some in my toolbox. Is that what everyone else does?

walkonking
    Participant
    quote Hrunting:

Teflon tape. Damn, why didn’t I think of that. I have some in my toolbox. Is that what everyone else does?

Be careful. Teflon tape works and I use it also but it can contaminate your valve if a tiny piece comes off. Blue loctite works well for that application.

voltar-1
    Participant

is the connuection oring sealed?
    no need for tape on oring seals no need for sealant either
    firmly tight and no more ally strips easy

hrunting
    Participant

Firmly tight is so subjective. I thought I had achieved “firmly tight”, but I ended up retightening twice on each end of the hose. I think I am actually being too cautious. I probably added another 1/8 of a turn past tight.

buster
    Participant

as voltar said if its oring seald , i think yours dosnt have an oring locktit works to but you have to let it dry over night.

voltar-1
    Participant
    quote Hrunting:

Firmly tight is so subjective. I thought I had achieved “firmly tight”, but I ended up retightening twice on each end of the hose. I think I am actually being too cautious. I probably added another 1/8 of a turn past tight.

Ever shake hands with a true gentleman?
    that is ‘firmly tight’

Does your connection have an oring? make sure it is in good shape.

voltar-1
    Participant
    quote Hrunting:

Ever shake hands with a true gentleman?
    that is ‘firmly tight’

hrunting
    Participant
    quote :

Nope. I think it is entirely metal on metal. When I bought the adapter from Pyramyd they told me that they had to countersink the adapter so that it would work with the Hill hose. how hard would it be to remove the hose if I used Loc-tite.

buster
    Participant

use blue locktit not the red it wont be so hard, i prefer the teflon tape it works faster not having to wait for to dry just put it about 1mm from the tip so it wont get in the way of the air flow and your done with a firm snug fit and no leaks.

bikincrazy52
    Participant

I have an airforce pump that broke, and I recently fixed it but am still not happy. If I buy the Hill/BSA pump, will my adapter for the airforce pump work with the hill? Thanks a lot.

menehune
    Participant
    quote bikincrazy52:

I have an airforce pump that broke, and I recently fixed it but am still not happy. If I buy the Hill/BSA pump, will my adapter for the airforce pump work with the hill? Thanks a lot.

The Hill Pump hose swaps out for the AF adapter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.