Skip to toolbar

My Grip/Foregrip, Stock work new pic. 2/10

Home Forums General TAF Gallery My Grip/Foregrip, Stock work new pic. 2/10

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rabbits
    Participant
    quote Bodhisdad:

What size do you need? Thats what over $200US? Wouldn’t cost that much to ship it, $50 i’d guess. What grade are you after? I can get select and better. Its up to you, i found a good mill to get my wood from. Have you checked e-bay? careful because some of the really nice stuff (figured,burled) is green and should be air dried. Its cheap but takes a couple of years to dry.

well mate i,m looking for a bit for myself to do a thumbhole stock for my rimmi so i,m looking at a bit off nice dark very grainy walnut mesureing
    3″thickx9″widex40″long .would love burled or figured but as i said the price is what will make me buy or not ..

tell u what mate if u r near the mill check out there price,s off a bit thats dried and ready to go and then we can talk about the rest ..

thankd for the help bud .. 😀

bodhisdad
    Participant

Give me a couple of days and i’ll see what i can find. I have one mill 5 miles away that carries local hardwoods only, walnut included. Then there’s a mill about 45 mins; drive that has all the exotic stuff, i’m not working to far from it. I’ll make a few calls and see if they have anything like that in stock. Someone around here has to have some nice dried walnut stashed away.

rabbits
    Participant

well mate i would be very greatful to u for this thank u .. 😀

bodhisdad
    Participant

Before:

After:

bodhisdad
    Participant

Mahogany with cocobolo accents added 2/14

bodhisdad
    Participant

These are approaching finished added some different ideas like the stippling and black stain, polyurthane over oil, Mix of woods, textures.

first one here is the Cocobolo with topcaot of poly.

Second one here I added some stippling and then stained it black.Will oil then top coat with poly. I like this look and the graining on the palm side so i followed it with the stippling. Blends in nice i think. I will be doing this black stippling with the other grips i have going.

Here is that stock i’ve been messing with between grip/foregrips. If i had it to do over again i’d put the foregrip i’ve come up with below on this stock. along with the target grip i think it would look good.

This is the two foregrips i like the best subtle differences between the two.

waynejitsu
    Participant
    quote Bodhisdad:

Before:

After:

Will you have any like this for sale/
    How much$$$?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.