Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

My Escape UL

Home Forums AirForce Escape/ Escape SS/ Escape UL My Escape UL

This topic contains 24 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wll2506 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

buster7467

This is my escape ul in .25. I have owned it a couple weeks and as soon as I got the tank filled with my hand pump I took it outside to shoot it one time just to see what it sounded like. I loaded up a jsb kings pellet and shot it into the hill side. The report these guns make without a shroud is cool but not very back yard friendly and my closest neighbor is about 1/4 mile from me and I know that they probably heard it. It was kinda late in the evening. But as soon as I stopped laughing I went straight to the computer and ordered the rlshroud for the escape ul and now it is quiet enough to shoot off of the back porch and not disturb anyone in the house. I would like to have it even quieter and may get the longer RLshroud for it but I will make my mind up after I get to take it squirrel hunting and see if making a shot at one scares the rest out of the area or not. I took the scope I had on my gamo whisper fusion elite, which is a Barska 3x9x42 with mill dot reticle and installed it on the UL. I also put some camo tape on it just to see how I would like it and it has grown on me enough that I am ordering a hydro dip kit this weekend will be dipping the entire gun but the grips and bipod. I have shot around 400 pellets through it and it is starting to really impress me with the accuracy. I am planning on getting a bigger scope for this gun and putting the barska back on the gamo. The only complaint that I had with the gun straight out the box was that the top hat was completely loose and lost the stock gap settings within the first 10 shots and then after pumping the tank back up to 3,000psi is when I noticed that the top hat was screwed in almost all the way. I read to start at .070 and work up from there and that is what I have it set at now. I wont get to shoot again until I am off again on sunday. I want to find the sweet spots on the power wheel for 3 different pellets I have. Everyone in here has more than likely shot these, JSB Kings 25.39, Predator Polymags, and the Eun Jin 43. Those are the pellets I have at the moment and I only have a handful of the jsb’s left. I am placing an order this weekend for some more ammo. Also I have been using my phone with chrono app and it seems close enough to see improvements in my power settings but I want to get a real chrony soon. Also I am really happy with the escape ul and love the smaller tank. If I go down to 2,000psi I can have it pumped back up to 3,000 in under 5 minutes and I only weigh 155lbs. I have no complaints with the airforce hand pump. I know that when it needs a rebuild I can do it myself. Sorry for the long post, just kinda wanted to let everyone know how mine is.

coors

Welcome to the TAG forum! That will be really nice when you’re finished. A guy did a video recently, maybe you’ve already seen it, where he comepares 3x shrouds. The R&L and Talon Tunes Gen. 6 were both in that video and hands down the TT-Gen6 is the better one. Here’s the most recent video that the guy (onebaddj) did with the TT-Gen6: http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33676 It’s what I’m planning to use on my Talon-P (same frame basically as Escape UL). I know that your barrel is about 5″ past the endcap, so if you go that way you’d want to get either the 9″ or 12″. The guy that makes these shrouds has an image of his 18″ barreled gun (just like yours) and he used the 9″ version: http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=33425 As for your tophat issue, i can’t say. I’m new to PCP and I’ve only had a Talon-P as long as you’ve had your Escape-UL.

buster7467

Yea i have seen most of the videos that are posted about the shrouds. I am more than happy with my RLshroud really. It works like it is supposed to. I got the loose top hat sorted out and i also did a few shots yesterday and with the power wheel set to 10 i am getting around 1020fps with my polymags and with the power wheel turned down to 6 it is shooting them right around where i want them at 930-950fps. I get similar results with the jsb kings too.

buster7467

Does anyone know what all upgrades i can get that will work on the escape? Like brass hammer and slap mod and i was thinking about going with the quick change top hat. I also like the brass breach and knob you can get for these guns. But any ways every place i look they really don’t list the escape as a gun that all these upgrades will work on. Am i to assume that what ever will work for the talonp will work on the escape?

coors

Yes, the quick change tophat will work for you. As I understand it though, you need to be careful about buying 3rd party hammers because there was a frame size change (old style/new style) and that they’re not compatible.

buster7467

Here is how I have my escapeUL now. I put a Sightmark 8.5x25x50 triple duty scope on it, I have a laser illuminator mounted on the scope and my bipods mounted on the lower rail. I also just recently purchased the deadshot fieldpod that the gun is resting on. It makes shooting while sitting in a chair a lot easier. I just got 700 jsb pellets and 300 H&N Grizzly pellets. I have only shot a handful of the grizzly pellets at 50yds just to see how they group. They are grouping almost as good as the jsbs but while I have the scope zeroed at 50 for the jsb pellets the grizzly seem to group about 3/4inch to the right. I know I can get a great zero if I know that I am only going to be using one or the other pellets and just do a quick zero and be good. I did the trigger spring change out with the G2 pen springs and I like the trigger pull with these springs.

buster7467

Here it is with the new camo paint job i did on it and it has a new maddog ultima short stock that i painted to match it. I just got done adding my own sling studs to the stock but are not pictured.

buster7467

After reading a lot online about the airforce airguns about the oring mod I decided to install one lastnight when I got home from work and pumped the gun up to 2700psi. I have my top hat set at .075″ and the power wheel at 4/6. So basically the only thing I changed was the oring and I decided to start out at 2700psi. I just took 10 shots with my jsb pellets and was amazed at how quiet the gun is now. I know that it is shooting a little slower now than it was before the oring mod but that is what I was trying for and I know that once I get my new chrony I will be able to tune the gun properly. But anyways, I was amazed when I looked at the gauge on the gun and after 10 shots the pressure was only down to around 2350psi. Before the oring the pressure would have been well below 2,000. I want to tune this gun to shoot my jsb pellets at around 900-925fps with as little wasted air as possible so I can get more shots per fill without going to a bigger tank. I like how fast I can hand pump my escape back up to full. I hope to order the chrony on Friday and I can really start tuning and seeing results.

back-roads

I just tried the o-ring trick , and it seems to do the trick , I haven’t chronied it yet but just shooting 10 rounds was like your results with your test and then I shot it down to where point of impact was affected that was 28 shots and down to 1500 psi possibly gaining 8 consistent shots.
    I am assuming that its shooting low 900’s with one o-ring added

buster7467

When you did the 28 shots, what was your starting pressure? I was just getting ready to pump mine back up and was going to try a full 3000psi and shoot until I notice any drop of poi and see how many shots I get. I have never really shot mine down below 1800psi. I may go all the way to 1500psi and see. If I can get 28 shots I will be truly amazed with this small tank and valve that comes on the escapeUL.

buster7467

Now I just did my shot count from a full fill 3000psi with the power wheel at 6/7 and took 28 extremely accurate shots and the gauge says 1700psi left in the tank. Even when I stopped shooting I did not notice any drop in poi. I am really happy about this. I will still probably keep shooting from 2700psi with 10 shots between fill ups but at least I know I have 28 good shots in the field while hunting. Now just to wait till tomorrow to order my new chony and I will be all set to get the numbers on fps so I can get the right info for using chairgun. And to find the sweet spot for my other pellets. I have jsb, polymags, and h&n grizzly.

back-roads

I ran MY escape ul 18″ barrel on a low setting of 2 with the o-ring installed and got an average FPS of 1040,keeping it just below the speed of sound, using predator poly mags 16 gr. I use a fill pressure of 2800 PSI . I also found the Air Arms Diabolo Field .22 Cal, 5.51mm, 16 Grains, Domed, have no change in POI from the Polymags, so a good less expensive pellet to carry along in the field, with Polymags. I turned the power down to 1 and am getting 983 avg. FPS :mrgreen:

buster7467

I just received my order for some of the jsb king heavy pellets in .25 and my escape loves them. I get even better grouping than with the regular 25.39 kings. So far these king heavies are my guns favorite pellet.

back-roads

Have you tried the Eun Jin .25 Cal, 43.2 Grain pellets yet ? They give the escape some real knockdown power on high power settings. Though due to their popularity , same with Polymags they are sometimes hard to find.

birdman
    Participant

Back Roads , I do not know if the Escape UL magazine can handle being loaded with the EUN JIN .25 43.2 gr. pellets . My Talon SS in
    .25 Caliber magazine will only allow one pellet to be loaded . Due to the large pellet skirt size , the magazine will not rotate . So
    from the magazine you can only load and shoot one pellet of that grain at a time , you can also load that grain directly into the
    barrel chamber without the magazine . Too bad one can not load a full magazine because of the large skirt size , at 20 to 30 yds.
    this pellet is a deadly kill them for sure pellet .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar