Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

My Cricket Standard WST cal.22

Home Forums BullPups Kalibrgun My Cricket Standard WST cal.22

This topic contains 432 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  gku 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 433 total)
  • Author

secoda
    Participant

Very nice but you need to add some sparrow puffing video at the end. The music would complement it. 😈

The Cricket regulators are amazing (and most right out of the box).

quote octavius:

octavius

Hi Secoda, as you see on my previous picture with 265m/s (869ft/s) average speed there is slightly better consistency . This leads me to try higher speed. I will test 272m/s (892ft/s)…

octavius

As I expected, the inconsistent results are caused I set too low speed only with HST. Yesterday I set 270m.s. and consistency immediately improve to +-2m.s. !!! That is superb now. This leads me to find that my regulator is set at a higher pressure and therefore I can not use lower speeds than 258-262m.s. Regulator is set from factory I did not touch on it.
    I got the impression that improve the accuracy too. I leave it to 270m.s. (886fps) with 18.06grain JSB Heavy.

secoda
    Participant

Makes sense. Are going to change the regulator? 😐

octavius

No no, so far, I’m not going to tune the regulator. Today I shoot with 270-272m.s and I got 4 mags with nice consistency but low shot count. In next days I will try to set HST 268m.s. I want to get good consistency with good shot count. I mean from 200 -100 bar 5 mags 😉
    268m.s (879ft) should be middle golden road between consistency vs. shot count. 🙄

secoda
    Participant

My .22 Crickets shot count is only in the mid 60s at 903 FPS average but the spread is less than +- 5 FPS. I just can’t justify cranking on it and messing it up at this accuracy level. Just how many sparrows can one blast in a fill? I guess if I was prairie dog shooting shot count would matter more but after 3-4 magazines its seems unimportant other than as a relative measurement of efficiency.

jkam
    Participant

Hey Octavious nice looking cricket there . Why did you try to put a silencer onto it ? Is the 22 cricket loud ? I was told its as or even silent than a Marauder.
    So how loud is it stock ?
    Also which stock is a better option for the 22 cricket the one you have or the one where magazines can be stored ?

sir-ville

I ordered mine with the WST stock since i don´t need to have build-in mag storage for the shooting i use my airgun for. I´m also under the impression those mags will loosen and so get lost rather easily although i don´t have first hand experience on that. I think the WST stock is also a bit lighter and definitely so when mags are attached onto the “Bulldog” -stock version. I also like the look of the WST that much more but then again – that´s a question of individual taste and i´m known for the lack of it …
    Or as the saying goes : I have my sense of taste on the tip of my thumb and the thumb stuck deep in my @$$

I don´t know anything about the Mrod sound level – neither do i know nothing about the loudness (or the lack of it) of a Cricket (yet) but my EdGun is fairly quiet and the Cricket is said to be quieter. Remains to be seen/heard ´till i get my damned Cricket.

octavius
    quote SECoda:

My .22 Crickets shot count is only in the mid 60s at 903 FPS average but the spread is less than +- 5 FPS. I just can’t justify cranking on it and messing it up at this accuracy level. Just how many sparrows can one blast in a fill? I guess if I was prairie dog shooting shot count would matter more but after 3-4 magazines its seems unimportant other than as a relative measurement of efficiency.

You are right Secoda when the accuracy is good shot count is not so important. But I’ll try anyway 879fps and I will see If I get 5 mags otherwise I put it back to 892fps…

octavius

Finally probably I found balance between regulator and HST. I found that the cricket has best consistency with speed 268-269mps (879-880fps) See attached pictures. I think efficiency is good too. I got full 5 mags from 200-105bar. I think is possible to get full 6 mags from 220 – 105bar. It will be 84shots (6 mags) It is beautiful.

Here is 5 shots to 50 meters

xbangu

Wow! so the Cricket now get as much shots count as the matador, well maybe 10 less with same amount of air filled. With 14 clip and 2″ shorter, I think it is a very sweet trade off for 10 shots less.

sir-ville

Nice shooting Octavius!

exziver

Octavius, that is very impressive! :8:

octavius

Thanks guys 😳 I have another six similar targets I will post them today but this one was the best. I think regulator is set to 105-110bar I do not know exactly. First I tried to set HST on 262mps but as you can see some site back result were inconsistent. Then I tried 265mps there is see consistency start to improve. After some time I set 272mps consistency quite good but lower shot count that I expected 🙁 and is possible to see on end of string the power goes down. It leads me to try slightly lower power and I judge try 268mps (879-880fps) and it is probably my sweet point to my regulator 💡

octavius

Probably I will have best shot string with cricket.

Today I have fired only 3 mags because… rain again 😡 Tomorrow I will continue but it seems I got the best consistency ever.
    Power is set to 880fps. I have difference 1,3m.s only! I believe that it does not spoil in the other two magazines.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 433 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar