Q:

My Condor Sniper – edit 12/24/07

I cant take credit for the AR-15 grip or the morgan, other than remounting the buttpad the way I like.

The rest is my work though. Bipod mount will change once the correct parts appear in the scrap bin, and the foregrip needs another coat of stain.

I doubt it will change much after that until I buy a .25 barrel.

Photobucket hosted video. They changed the format to shockwave after it was uploaded, quality is horrible but filesize is smaller. Faster for dialup users. Ambient camera noise is loud. This is short, and intended to show effectiveness.

[video src="http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj312/Leadbest/?action=view&current=Condor01-1.flv" /]

Loudest part of shot is the kodiak hitting the target board 35 yards out.

Interesting note: At around 50 pellets after this video was shot, one of the rubber washers got pulled out of place. Disassembly was a lot easier than I anticipated, just drove the entire stack out of the tube. Reassembled with one slightly wider bushing using the same setscrew locations which tightened up the grip inside. 70 shots now since repair an all looks well.

———–Edit 12/24/07————–

I have mounted a new scope and grip on the Condor. The scope is a Leapers 4x16x56 on an Accushot 1pc hi-mount. I may put the tri-rail back on later, but the scope is already high enough for me. Also added a scope level.

The grips are both from my TC/Contender. It amazed me how little work was needed to make them fit. Only a very small amount of wood needed removed from the grip, and a small slot cut in the foregrip. I have given them a coat of Ebony wood stain, and a coat of finishing wax. I like the very dark red color now. Excuse the bad images, the camera doesnt seem to like below freezing temperatures.

Found out today this gun likes JSB exacts. I can only get groups like this for the first 10 shots, after that the valve is opening too far and going supersonic. I was shooting at PW-2, I need to lighten my 33gm striker to try and fix this. The 10th shot is the flyer in the bottom group.

TAF Gallery

All Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

1 2

No I bought it from a fella in Maine. I removed the aluminum strut because it always got in my way on the bench. I was afraid I was going to lose the thumbscrews holding the 2 halves together.

The forearm is one of the early TC/Contender forearms that I never ended up using. It was just getting old and needed a home. Only took a small bit of carving to get it to fit. I sanded the old finish off, but the piece is very resistant to taking a black stain.

Maybe you are referring to this rifle, first pic in post? I thought for a time it was my gun too, but now Im not too sure. Mine came with the same light, grip and scope rail, but the aluminum is not black on mine.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=810

Are you the original owner? I have some old pics of that gun with a strut which runs from the bottom of the grip to the rear of the recoil pad, always liked that setup. If you want i can send you some pics?? let me know i have 2 or 3. I like the pin stripping, i thnk it used to be longer?? Coming together, is that a 2289 crosman pump arm??

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.