Q:

My 3 Condors

Here they are, .22, .25, and .308. Still have some work to do on the .308. I also have a unchoked barrel and will put together a slug only gun. This one will be regulated. Then there will be the .451.

Airforce Rifles/Pistols

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 2

they have a spec sheet up on the Cerakote website
allegedly once fully cured there is little difference between the bake on and the air dry
know a couple Class II smiths that use air dry Cerakote who swear by it
Durakote is pretty well junk in comparison…very brittle

Yeah I know about the bake on. I don’t want to put the tanks to any heat. I didn’t know the air dry was that tuff.

just make sure it is the Air Dry as the other Cerakote is bake on

Thanks. I put 2 cans in my shopping cart and haven’t had time to complete my order. I will change it.

aluma-hyde is ok but your best bet is Air Dry Cereakote
damn tough stuff
as tough as the bake on Cerakote which is quite a bit better than powder coat or paint based products

very nice
:11:

Thanks. I’m going to order some today.

use aluma-hyde (sp?) for them there tanks 😉

Ok, I see.

Yes you can rethread the tank at your own risk. I have done all my large tanks. I make sure the threads are real good and you have to re cut the o ring grove also.

300 yards, awesome. Back to the tanks, will they fit into a TTTA, if new threats are cut in/put in or how else would you make then fit in?

.308 shoots far. I have shot a 1×1 steel plate at 150 yards but it will go a lot further than that. I was shooting it down a stream at around 300 yards and was amazed how fast it gets there.

No they won’t fit. I put 18×1.5 threads in mine. Can’t powder coat tanks be cause to powder coat you have to bake them at 400 degrees. If tank is exposed to over 300 and you are to dispose of the tank.

Would does Guerrilla tanks work with Tony’s TTTAs?

quote Dyotat100:

Shroud for .308 started as 2″x.250″ tubing. I turn the OD down to around 1.900″ and then bore the inside so they match. I haven’t found any tubing that is true enough so I machine the inside to match the OD. When finished it will be 1.860″. It is 18.5″ long with 28″ barrel.

I use a Etac to adapt the valve to the tank.

I also need to find something better than a rattle can to paint my tanks with. I have 3 53 ci tanks that are bare aluminum and I would like to redo these flat black to get rid of all the red writing.

Powder coat them.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.