Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Mrodair Airmax Compressor Review: Prep, Poor Build Quality, Fixes, Ultimately Unsafe for Use

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Mrodair Airmax Compressor Review: Prep, Poor Build Quality, Fixes, Ultimately Unsafe for Use

This topic contains 267 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  guykuo 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 268 total)
  • Author

walkonking
    Participant

This is getting ridiculous.

Where is all the great customer service he promises over and over again?

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote WalkonKing:

It’s Racing Season……brother

walkonking
    Participant
    quote BigTinBoat:

quote WalkonKing:

It’s Racing Season……brother

:angrymob: Mrodair——->>>>>

dyotat100

Heard from a friend that was talking to a guy that got ripped off on some compressor deal. Wasn’t a airmax. He contacted the district attorney. They said if he wasn’t out of state he could get in line with the rest of the complaints.

The guy is just plain bad news

guykuo

A lot of readings in this thread the last 24 hours, but we haven’t posted anything in a while. Interesting speculating who is marching through.

mjp

Maybe it’s nimrodair guys looking how to fix their crappy product, you made a manual for them.

clgraham82
    quote MJP:

Maybe it’s nimrodair guys looking how to fix their crappy product, you made a manual for them.

Haha…good point!

miksatx
    Participant

I always check back when I see someone has posted. My compressor is still chugging away. Still just using it on my 90ci bottle.
    I’m on the list for a new filter setup from Jaime.

powrplay

I purchased one these compressors before reading anything. I guess I’m always optimistic about something I read and If I feel good about it, I purchase it. This may be one big lesson for me. My first test was to check for air leaks. With the fill hose capped I started the water pump then turned on the compressor. It started building pressure steadily up to 3100psi. After running the compressor about 20mins, the needle did not go beyond 3300psi. I stopped and did not bleed the pressure for about 30mins to see if there were any leaks. No leaks. I bled the air slowly to see if there were any moisture coming out. No moisture. I checked the poppets on both low and high side. The low side looked dirty but not bad. The high side looked fairly clean. When checking the reed valve, there was a small patch of silicone but was removed soon after. The low side cylinder looked fairly clean. Photos of these are all in my photo bucket below. After reassembly, I did the same pressure test a few more times, and each time the pressure builds but stops at a lower psi each time. Note the temperature never exceeded 50degC. Please note, Im a total newb when it comes to compressors and Im reaching out to you guys to see know why it will not build pressure.

guykuo

With it capped off like that, the pressure should be 4500 in under five minutes. You have a leaky valve or fitting.

I’m not Mrodair technical support. Your first and best option is to call Mike Esch and have him walk you through fixing the issue.

I will give you some general troubleshooting info based on what I know about the unit….

Since iit doesn’t leak after shut off, the leak isn’t anywhere from the high pressure output poppet all the way to the hose cap. The problem has to be earlier in the sequence.

Start with the easiest…While running, do a soapy water test for leaks on the ends of the pipe from 1st stage to 2nd stage. Fix any leak you see there.

Then it gets to be more work tracking down the problem.

Based on your photos, it looks like your 1st stage input reed valve is well centered. Did you clean it while it was apart? You removed that bit of RTV to free the valve. Good.

I don’t see a ton of oil in your low side (good). Check the seal of the gasket between the valve plate and cylinder (where that RTV layer is). Make sure you actually are getting a good seal there. There is also a low pressure output reed valve on the other side of the valve plate. It is under the little curved metal piece that is attached to the valve plate. Make sure that reed valve is also aligned and seating correctly.

Low pressure output poppets looked ok. Check its seat for debris that is preventing it from sealing.

Since you have no leak while pressurized for 30 minutes and compressor off, your high pressure output poppet is OK, but the problem could be the input reed valve or the piston rings. I’m thinking the 2nd stage is probably not where your problem is. Verify 1st stage first. The 2nd stage work is higher risk.

Check 2nd stage reed valve wafer and its seat are clean?

Lastly, (and I mean lastly because it is easy to ruin your precious high pressure rings putting the cylinder on) check the high pressure cylinder rings. When putting high pressure cylinder back on, have the piston extended out so you can compress the rings with your fingers as they engage the cylinder.

Good luck.

BTW, once you confirm ability to pressurize, get a real filter/dryer to go between this compressor and your equipment. Without a dessicant unit, a water separator like on the airmax won’t remove enough moisture to keep your your equipment dry. At best, a water separator can only produce 100% water saturated air at the temperature and pressure of the separator. Since, your equipment is going to be cooler than that temperature, that output air will release water as it cools. It is simple physics. Get desiccant between the output of the compressor’s water separator and your equipment. Ideally, you also put hydrocarbon removal after the desiccant. A good cartridge filter is now only about $200 —- a very good thing if you want to protect your tanks and guns.

bgray115

mine does this all the time, it is a air leak. use the soap/water to find it. it will only leak at say 3500 but seals at 3499. I see they changed a few things on the compressor. your reed valve is facing the piston before the cover plate mine is on top of the cover plate. the water pump has a push fitting mine I had to glue. yours has dowty washers mine came with washers.

dyotat100

This must be the new and improved MKll. I see nothing has changed. If they were tested why doesn’t the compressor work when customer gets it. Thing is dented up from shipping I see also.

Best thing you can do is return it. The guy is a junk peddler.

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote Dyotat100:

This must be the new and improved MKll. I see nothing has changed. If they were tested why doesn’t the compressor work when customer gets it. Thing is dented up from shipping I see also.

Best thing you can do is return it. The guy is a junk peddler.

X2 ! If it doesn’t reach the pressure it’s defective so don’t go for the 15% re-stocking fee. The guy is a scammer!

powrplay

guykuo – many thanks for the troubleshoot :winkn: I did tear down the low side and man, looky what I found. I sent this to mike and he’s sending replacements asap.

guykuo

Yikes! That’s pretty impressive on a brand new unit. Glad to have been of help.

Looked more closely at your low p cylinder picts. There is some debris down near the piston, probably junk from the valves. Be sure to also clean that out so it can’t abrade the cylinder walls and rings.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar