Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Mrodair Airmax Compressor Review: Prep, Poor Build Quality, Fixes, Ultimately Unsafe for Use

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Mrodair Airmax Compressor Review: Prep, Poor Build Quality, Fixes, Ultimately Unsafe for Use

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    berky
    Participant

When did you order yours?

vipersrt10
    Participant

It was on or about the 23rd of March, now thats another story!! lol , Would you like for me to elaborate? he he he…………..

vipersrt10
    Participant

Guys, just wondering. Why not run a 100% silicone oil that won’t detonate under extreme pressures? Saw some on Amazon for about 20.00 per 8.5oz says its like 10 weight oil,do you guys think it will be thick enough to lube the rod bearings properly ? or will it be so thin that it will blow right past the rings? I mean,if it will works we won’t have to worry about it eating up all the O-rings and or possible detonating in our tanks/guns and blowing our fucking heads off—-Just a thought……..

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote Vipersrt10:

Guys, just wondering. Why not run a 100% silicone oil that won’t detonate under extreme pressures? Saw some on Amazon for about 20.00 per 8.5oz says its like 10 weight oil,do you guys think it will be thick enough to lube the rod bearings properly ? or will it be so thin that it will blow right past the rings? I mean,if it will works we won’t have to worry about it eating up all the O-rings and or possible detonating in our tanks/guns and blowing our fucking heads off—-Just a thought……..

Silicone oil is not a good lubricant for metal on metal, in fact it is very poor for that.

vipersrt10
    Participant

What about adding an additive to the silicone oil that wont detonate , something to up the viscosity? Any such product exist?

vipersrt10
    Participant

Gentlemen, I’m in the process of conversing with Clearco corp out of Penn. These guys basically pioneered the silicon lubricant industry since the 1950s gonna see what they have to say about coming up with a product that will perform well with metal on metal applications, ie crankcase lube, Figure it’s worth a try and with the 10s of thousands of HPA compressors out there in operation one would think that there would be a very large market for this type of product. Just think about it, no more worrying about oil detonation. Wouldn’t that just be the cats meow? I will post what I find out as soon as I learn something.

dyotat100
    Participant

My compressor runs Mobil jet engine oil. Comes in a old metal quart can.

Better to have a good oil and a good filter then a so so oil and try not to run a filter.

Really surprised anyone would even think about buying one of these compressors. Especially with his customer service, I mean no customer service

vipersrt10
    Participant

I’d say that most if not all of us that bought one hadn’t seen the few negative articles that do exist. I stumbled across this one after the fact, already had mine and was using it when i saw this. Now, had I read this before I bought one, I probably would have went in a different direction, but I did check the filter and the lines on the low pressure side and there is absolutely no signs of any oil what so ever ….not much run time on it yet maybe 3hrs total. IDK, I guess time will tell. If it takes a shit I guess that I’ll just have to mark it up as a lesson learned, but for now so far so good. I know if mine would have done what Guys did I wouldn’t have fucked with it, I woulda sent that boat anchor back and tried another one or just got a refund, I sure as hell wouldn’t have wasted countless hours of my time trying to fix something that I could replace for free. From what I have seen theres only a few that guys are having trouble with and its not just with the Chinese. Hell in 2007 I bought a brand new Dodge Viper, Paid $81,610.00 had it less than a week and the fucking oil pump went out!! Unfortunately shit happens folks.I don’t think that all these compressors are pieces of shit but no doubt a few are.

nn308
    Participant

Hi guys, joined this forum to let you know what is the best compressor oil to use in the Airmax compressor here in the USA. I am one of those who has an Airmax. Mine is not one of the best ones when it comes to the oil issue but is not as bad as Guys. After a lot of research on the subject I can advice the other owners of this compressor to use the Chemlube 751 HPA synthetic compressor oil. Please do not use shop compressor type of oil or motor oil of any kind or experiment with any other untested for HPA compressor use oils. Lets stay safe the best we can. If you have used an oil that was not recommended for HPA compressor use to fill a tank or an air rifle, please clean it inside as best you can to avoid future accidents. You can read the specs. of the 751 oil here http://ultracheminc.com/compressor-oil/#link2
    Nuvair sells it in a quart and a gallon and they ship fast https://www.nuvair.com/store/category/parts-accessories/oil/nuvair-751.html
    Lets stay safe and use the oil designed for HPA compressors like ours. If someone’s compressor has no oil usage problem, than the 501 type oil is fine too, but the slightly higher viscosity of the 751 is better for the rest of us. I am sorry for all of us Airmax owners that we have to learn about our compressors the hard way but it is what it is. Nick N

tbear
    Participant

I decided to go with Royal purple because it’s readily available for $20 on Amazon, with free prime shipping. The quart size is good for 2 fills. I read the specs and seems like a good fit. Flash point is 500F.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PL9BVY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

vipersrt10
    Participant

Same here Tbear

daoust
    Participant

Did some of you ever try water wetter in your mrodair compressor that have the termal radiator? In race engine , it help alot to reduce the heat of the engine . http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=74&pcid=10

That can be a good add on in the carette compressor also!

Me , I have the 5gal bucket and it is easy for me to put fresh water

bgray115
    Participant

Just wanted to let you guys know, I have opened a claim with the Arkansas BBB. Michael Esch has stopped responding to emails for almost 2 months now. So as I can’t buy rings and filters it’s time to let the law fix this. I would suggest you all file a claim also.

romeoalfa
    Participant
    quote bgray115:

Just wanted to let you guys know, I have opened a claim with the Arkansas BBB. Michael Esch has stopped responding to emails for almost 2 months now. So as I can’t buy rings and filters it’s time to let the law fix this. I would suggest you all file a claim also.

The BBB is not the law, they are a private company. If enough people file claims and they don’t respond or resolve the claim they will get a poor rating which will deter others from buying from them. All they do is mail a letter with your complaint and tell them to respond.

bgray115
    Participant
    quote RomeoAlfa:

quote bgray115:

The BBB is not the law, they are a private company. If enough people file claims and they don’t respond or resolve the claim they will get a poor rating which will deter others from buying from them. All they do is mail a letter with your complaint and tell them to respond.

Step one in a class action case

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 268 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.