Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Microlite Bullpup kit for TalonP

Home Forums AirForce TalonP (Pistol) Microlite Bullpup kit for TalonP

This topic contains 168 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  tagdagger 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 169 total)
  • Author

coors

Thanks for taking the time to post all of that, Hoot! It’s very interesting stuff. My, oversimplistic, take on the mushrooming/expansion aspect of this is that it’s a lead alloy issue. H&N makes these too hard to expand properly at 1000fps or so. They need to back off on tin or add pure lead to the mix. I won’t be buying any more of these unless I hear that they’ve changed this. No worries though, as now I need a heavier bullet anyways and indeed I have one of the NOE 51gr .25 cal .253″/.255″ moulds on it’s way to me. These boattail bullets should weigh around 49 grains and if my calculations are correct the microlite bullpup, as it’s setup now, should propep them just over 980 fps, for about 107 fpe. We’ll have to see though. I turned the power up a little to where the gun is now propelling the 31.02 Grizzly pellets at 1123 fps. Grouping is aweful, now.

caboose212
    Participant

Are these kits still available?

There’s an aluminum version now??

Jeeze, how long have I been gone?!

tagdagger
    quote Caboose212:

Are these kits still available?

There’s an aluminum version now??

Jeeze, how long have I been gone?!

I’ve been doing some additional refinements on the aluminum rear action. Will post some pics and maybe a video soon.

caboose212
    Participant

Sweet deal. I was hoping these would still be available. I’ll be looking for one soon-ish… I’d LOVE to do up a Talon-P with one of these…

Would it be possible to get the aluminium rear action in right-side feed only?

rrdstarr

Coors?
    Where did you find the leather scope caps? I haven’t seen those since the 60’s!

Thanks, Rick

vipersniper

tec-0-tea

Do you get more shots without the added hammer weight installed?

caboose212
    Participant

Here’s a crazy idea- if someone has a AF frame blank (the raw, unmachined extrusion), could this design be integrated into the frame?

See, I have this extrusion that I bought from Aliexpress. The center bore wasn’t round- it was slightly egg shaped. Which is why these raw extrusions didn’t spawn a slew of ground-up custom AF frames. BUT I went to the expense of having the center bore machined perfectly round. It’s bored a few thou’ over, so all the internals would have to be custom made (maybe just the bushings and breech?), but as of now, I don’t know what I’m going to do with this. I’m not going to sell it, but I will eventually use it. I figure, with some measuring and cutting, I could integrate this bullpup kit into a 1 piece bullpup frame. My original idea was to use the long extrusion for a custom Noble .257 build, but decided against it. But a one-off bullpup would be the bee’s knees!!!

Thoughts?

The extrusion I have is pretty long, I think in the neighborhood of 50″+, so it’s more than enough material to make this. Especially if I copy the talonP frame length, which would be the idea.

Tagdagger- I would pay you for use of a kit to take measurements from, and If you’re able to do so, I could send you (and only you) my completed frame to copy, so you can offer a custom bullpup frame for sale. I’d be making other, small improvements, like a M1913 scope rail that’s lower, and keeping more material under the fore grip, and only shaving the frame down forward of the fore grip to make the frame stiffer- same idea for the scope rail- or I could make a monolithic rail, the full length of the frame (huh, there’s an idea). If you were to copy the frame to make a aftermarket frame for sale, yours would be even better than mine, since you can fully integrate the scope rail- I will have to machine an add-on and epoxy it on. Thoughts on this Tagdagger? I’m not ready to start this right this minute, but if/when you’re good to go, I can definitely start making time for this. I think it would be awesome, and potentially lucrative for you, since no one is offering a custom FRAME. You would be offering a custom bullpup frame, that has some corrections that AF shooters have been pining for, for years… :8:

tagdagger
    quote Tec-0-Tea:

Anything that reduces air consumption will add to your shot count, but with the direct-flo valve you need the extra hammer wt to open the valve especially at the higher pressures. The best way to get more shots is with a longer more air efficient barrel.
    A 16” barrel is a good compromise in length,weight,and shot count. It gives 18shots over 50 fpe is 29.5”long and under 6lbs scoped.

caboose212
    Participant
    quote tagdagger:

quote Tec-0-Tea:

Anything that reduces air consumption will add to your shot count, but with the direct-flo valve you need the extra hammer wt to open the valve especially at the higher pressures. The best way to get more shots is with a longer more air efficient barrel.
    A 16” barrel is a good compromise in length,weight,and shot count. It gives 18shots over 50 fpe is 29.5”long and under 6lbs scoped.

I’m loving that LDC- will you be offering that as a separate accessory Tag?

tagdagger
    quote Caboose212:

Here’s a crazy idea- if someone has a AF frame blank (the raw, unmachined extrusion), could this design be integrated into the frame? :

I have a fullframe design alternative for the bullpup and for the standard frame, just recently settled on a trigger for it, but its on hold for now. Airforce’s primary patent is still in effect till the end of this year. Its 50/50 whether I’ll put some out next year or not depending on price point and interest.

For now here is a pic of one of the latest aluminum actions. Still have to sand blast and anodize but hopefully have a few done mid September.

tagdagger
    quote Caboose212:

quote tagdagger:

quote Tec-0-Tea:

I’m loving that LDC- will you be offering that as a separate accessory Tag?

No, that’s a custom build, but the full frame design I mentioned has one similar but much better.

caboose212
    Participant

Oh man… I can’t wait for everything to be done!!

tagdagger
    quote Caboose212:

Oh man… I can’t wait for everything to be done!!

Yep, me too :biggrinn: An AF compatible full frame with trigger group is a large endeavor. Only an air source and valve away from a whole gun, so like I mentioned 50/50?
    For now the kits are the best way for shorter,lighter,and quieter.

caboose212
    Participant

Agreed. I PM’d you. Thanks tagdagger! This kit is tits!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar