Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Microlite Bullpup kit for TalonP

Home Forums AirForce TalonP (Pistol) Microlite Bullpup kit for TalonP

This topic contains 168 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  tagdagger 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 169 total)
  • Author

tagdagger

Hi Guys, This is the thing I have been alluding too for a while now. It is a Drop in Bullpup Kit for the TalonP.

The Kit remounts the Barrel behind the hand grip,converts to a side cocking Action and adds baffling to quiet down the loud TalonP.

The Kits will also work on the Condor and Tss, but They are especially geared to the TalonP since it already has all the OEM requirements for The Bullpup conversion.

There is a detailed write up in the General Chat section, but Im posting some additional info here along with a Installation video for anyone who is interested.

Instruction Video

tec-0-tea

Can the kit be used with the larger condor tank? Thanks!

maw

Hey Tagdagger, is there any reduction of power? Nice kit, by the way!!

sharpshot86

Now you can call it a TalonB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tagdagger
    quote Tec-0-Tea:

Can the kit be used with the larger condor tank? Thanks!

No you need the shorter TalonP tank to keep the right LOP. If you got a 13ci tank you could use your Condor frame and reduce you guns length over 4”, but your shot count would be less with the smaller tank.

quote maw:

Hey Tagdagger, is there any reduction of power? Nice kit, by the way!!

Maw, The power level doesn’t change at all unless you want it to by reducing the tophat gap like usual .
    The ML kit does however make the TalonP more accurate, easier to handle, a lot quieter, plus the side cocking action and pellet dispenser are very nice as well.

quote Sharpshot86:

Now you can call it a TalonB?

lol, yes if you mean “B” for Baffles.
    The 2 petition baffle insert in the kit pic really reduces the TalonP’s report a lot. I also have a extremely quiet 3 petition insert that I’ll do a post on soon that makes a ML converted TalonP backyard friendly and then some.
    Also will be doing a with/without video comparing both inserts to the stock version.

sharpshot86

I was thinking B for bullpup. either way.. great innovation!

tagdagger

That is funny. Yours makes a lot more sense. I have baffle on the brain lately.

hoot
    Participant

:hoot:

Cost? Availability?

Hoot:

tagdagger

The 1st run is gone. Looking like December for the 2nd batch.

Meantime some exciting things developing in the way of sound suppression
    Still building and testing,but will be doing a post soon. Super quiet and totally integral. 😀

17reed98

Looking for price range? Really liking this kit, upcoming suppression more than the disruptor baffle?

tagdagger

Im not publicly listing prices on the kits yet. I was my intention to let a few in the first batch go for close to cost to get some out there for some feed back, but I ended up letting them all go for that. Still pondering price and shopping for a better price on machining myself.

As far as sound suppression goes the new chamber created by venting in between the barrel bushings has made it very quiet just with the end cap and no insert. Im also going to try extending the barrel mount all the way to the end cap with two more sets of vents and 3 choke points. This may or may not quiet things even further. Theories abound, but only building and testing will bare it out. Will let you all know how it goes.

hoot
    Participant

:hoot:

Tag, you may be on to something there.

A quiet “bullpup” TalonP, would be a very lite, compact 50+ fpe truck gun, and it’s already known to be laser accurate at distance!

Hoot:

tagdagger

Hoot, The TalonP’s direct flow valve and 12” barrel create a lot of air to manage especially when tuned for its highest fpe, but with the vented barrel mount opening up an additional chamber that makes 5” of sound reducing opportunity in front of the barrel/inside the frame.
    Should be enough to get it very quiet without having to go past the end cap.

coors

Dave, what would happen if you extended the barrel mount tube all the way out through the end cap and used a small diameter tube inside of that (like you show in the photo) to go from flush with the outside of the end cap to just forward of those slots? You’d probably need to open up the vent holes in the front bushing, cut an o-ring groove either in the endcap or on the extended barrel mount tube, as any escaping air at the front of the tube will affect pellet flight. That, coupled with some frame vent holes, might make it super quiet as well as giving the pellet a safe place to jump into while the air is expanding behind it. My thoughts on frame venting holes would be to put 8x holes in the circumference of the frame just ahead of the rear bushing and 8x more just behind the endcap. For hole size, I’d probably use a small diameter like .035″ I also think that the slots should start exactly at the muzzle of the barrel (if possible) so that the expanding air behind the pellet exiting the muzzle will begin expanding ouwardly into the chamber that you’ve created, thereby affecting the pellets flight minimally.

tagdagger

That’s close to what I mentioned above the pic. The “choke points” are small sections of tube inside the barrel mount tube under the bushings in front of the vents.
    Currently the barrel is only mounted with the rear bushing mount. I’m going to try it with and without the front bushing mount. The choke points are key to slowing the air and redirecting thru the vents. I am curios to what the results will be. The theory is sound, but even if successful possible negative affects are the extra mass of the barrel mount extension and additional bushing may take away from the air volume in the frame which could cancel out any benefits, also the more choke points the more opportunities for clipping, and the extra machining means more cost for me and the customer.

You are going to be very surprised to hear how quiet it is with just the new vents, one choke point and stock end cap. This PCP stuff is a lot of fun 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar