Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Making a Micro-meter valve from Condor valve?

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists Making a Micro-meter valve from Condor valve?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jethro 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

rrdstarr

What would it involve? I have a lathe/mill combo, so doing the work should be fine. Just need to know the differences.

rrdstarr

Nobody has any input on this subject? I believe I will have two more AF rifles on the way this week!
    I do have a couple of Condor valves if anyone is interested in doing a straight swap for Micro-meter valve!!!

Thanks, Rick

ronin001

try this GTA forum (Machine shop Talk) for some info

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?board=15.0

rrdstarr

Nothing. talking about them, but no specific measurements?!?!?

rrdstarr

Since I can’t find any information in how to take a full power valve to a Micro-meter valve, I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a straight across trade. Ideally I’d like to have two micro-meter valves for winter indoor shooting.

Thanks!
    Rick

No takers?
    I have an extra AF Condor/Talon shoulder stock to spice up the trade.

rrdstarr

Since I can’t find any information in how to take a full power valve to a Micro-meter valve, I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a straight across trade. Ideally I’d like to have two micro-meter valves for winter indoor shooting.

Thanks!
    Rick

I have an extra AF Condor/Talon shoulder stock to spice up the trade.

jethro
    Participant

Rick if I’ve understood correctly you’re after a reduced power valve for indoor shooting. This info may be of some use to you

I’ve just ordered a UK spec sub 12fpe valve from the UK at $140 posted
    I got it from Gunpower who are the UK AF equivalent, the contact info is “geoff at gunpower dot net”
    The UK valve shares the same M18-1.5 thread as the US
    The UK valve is only available from Gunpower, AF won’t supply it

They told me that valve body is the same as the US variant but the internal components are specific to the 12fpe configuration, which makes sense. I’ll post some photos on the internals when it arrives.

The individual components are:
    #??? tophat assembly £35
    #167 insert, valve £15
    #171 valve insert, o ring £2
    #164 seat, valve £8
    #611 spacer £4
    #301 valve spring £8
    #155 nylon retainer, seal £2
    #170 retainer, valve spring £15
    #192 restrictor o ring £2
    #213 restrictor o rings x 5 £5
    #001 Valve body £40
    a fully assemble valve £95

I can’t remember where the drawing came from, may even be from here

I’ve asked AF for part numbers and prices for the Micrometer valve, I’ll pass those on when they arrive.

Hope this helps

anthony266
    Keymaster

Why would you rebuild the valve when you can simple add this….

Quick Change Top Hat

This is one of the reasons we designed it..
    Thanks, Tony

rrdstarr

I have two Tony that I have bought from you.

BUT I was wondering if a spring the valve would need changing if this TopHat was put in a full power valve?

jethro
    Participant
    quote Anthony266:

Why would you rebuild the valve when you can simple add this….

Quick Change Top Hat

This is one of the reasons we designed it..
    Thanks, Tony

Agreed, and a great idea it is, I have one.

However, as I understood it from this and other threads Rick was specifically looking for a low power valve to use indoors. He specifically talked about the micrometer valve and the UK valve, mentioning that AF couldn’t help with the UK valve. I’ve posted info on how to get a UK valve and included the details of the individual parts for completeness.

As an aside , the TT QCTH is no use to any one in the UK unless they have a Fire Arms Certificate (FAC). The UK legal limit is 12fpe so every one runs at 11.9fpe or less and its mandatory jail time if you’re found to be over. Its also possible that without possession of an FAC just having a TTQCTH fitted in your gun, regardless of it being set within legal limits, may put you outside of the law as it offers the opportunity to easily tamper with the power

rrdstarr

Canada has similar laws too…under 500fps requires no licensing. Above 500 requires a PAL and treated the same as a firearm.

Thanks Jethro for all the info!

I’d still trade some a full power valve adding at TT adjustable top hat, and a buttstock and cheek riser for a Micro-meter valve!

jethro
    Participant

its taken a while and I’m not sure if you still need it but here are the photos for the UK sub 12fpe valve pt1 of 2

Attachments:

jethro
    Participant

UK sub 12fpe valve pt2 of 2

Attachments:

rrdstarr

So, from what I see is you turned down the body/stem of the top hat. Made a brass sleeve with a restrictor to control the amount of air passing through the top hat. Did you reduce/increase the spring rate? Are you still using the delrin plug( black piece) as stock?

Either way nice results for the 12 ft lb law!

I have sort of abandoned the Micro meter. I now have an AF Edge for my 10m gun. Shoots a very nice ragged hole with five shots. I have modified a few top hats to take a set screw with different size holes in the them.

jethro
    Participant

Hi Rick,

it sounds like you got a good result with the Edge

I wish that was my work but alas I have no machining skills what so ever.
    I bought it from Gunpower in UK for £99 / US$138 inc postage, they post internationally.

Unfortunately it has an adjustable top hat which I’d like to change for a one piece but I have no idea where to get one. I haven’t checked but I suspect the pin that passes through the brass seat is a different size from the standard US version.

Your top had mod sounds like a winner, I envy your skills mate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar